Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: trying to build an art site, want to know if this is possible..  (Read 4400 times)

mikefpi

• Coppermine newbie

I'm trying to build an art site. I want the main page to look as the gallery does. With obviously more options, such as news link, and others.
I want to make it look like an art site, have users signing up, them uploading there own work, have it commented on etc. Also contains a forum integration. But its not embedded in to the design, as i dont like that.

Trying to make a site that has a great script like deviantart.com has. Can anyone tell me if this is possible? if so how would i enter more links, make a completely unique design (or find good designs) etc.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: trying to build an art site, want to know if this is possible..
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 10:14:16 am »

Yes, this is possible. You can have additional links in the coppermine menu, you can create your own theme, you can have additional pages that use coppermine's theme by having them in the gallery's folder, containing
Code: [Select]
<?php
define
('IN_COPPERMINE'true);
require(
'include/init.inc.php');

pageheader('Your page title');
echo 
'Your content here';
pagefooter();
?>
This has been asked quite often - for details, search the board. Coppermine is free, so why don't you just try it to find out if it suites your needs?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.