Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Help for color scheme controls  (Read 3858 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Help for color scheme controls
« on: July 13, 2005, 10:21:30 am »

the # sign in front of a style definition means that the style is being applied by id. The id has to be unique on a page. Look at the html output of your forum - you'll find
Code: [Select]
<div id="headerarea" style="padding: 12px 30px 4px 30px;">in your case. To do a similar thing on your gallery, you'll have to edit your template.html. However, you won't necesarily have to apply a style by id, keep on using the class attribute instead of the style attribute if you're more familiar with this, i.e. change #headarea to .headarea and set class attributes in your template.
There are many good tutorials on CSS available on the internet, e.g. http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

Anhinga

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Snakebird.net
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 11:54:24 am »

Thanks; I got most of what I needed just by editing the HTML file.

The only thing I still can't figure out is what's causing the white horizontal bar between the header section and the main body.  What do I need to do in order to get rid of that?

snork13

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Internet! Is that thing still around?
    • Gallery
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 03:39:17 pm »

Thanks; I got most of what I needed just by editing the HTML file.

The only thing I still can't figure out is what's causing the white horizontal bar between the header section and the main body.  What do I need to do in order to get rid of that?

which white bar? i don't see white, just grey? On a side note i like the theme, you should be able to find the simple machine image on a black background...check there forum!

--snork

Anhinga

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Snakebird.net
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 11:51:29 pm »

What browser to you use?  The white bar appears there when I view the page with Firefox, but it seems like it doesn't for Internet Explorer.

I'd still like to get rid of it, though, since Firefox is what most of the people who go to my site use.

EDIT:  I've got one more question.  How do I control the color of the main font used by my gallery?  Right now it's black, which is kind of hard to read against the dark background.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 11:57:46 pm by Anhinga »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 10:43:59 am »

font colors are inherited (as all other css attributes). Edit the color definition to the body definition in your stylesheet, as all subsequent colors will be inherited from the body section if you don't specify a different definition for a child element. Look for other instances of the color attribute and replace them as well if necessary. Like I said: this is not a particular coppermine issue, but general css knowledge - there are better places to look for help on css issues than this board. I recommend finding a good book or tutorial on css.

Joachim

P.S. We have a "one question per thread" policy on this board. You agreed to respect it when you signed up.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.