Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xoops bridging error & fix  (Read 7851 times)

Knyte

• Coppermine newbie
Xoops bridging error & fix
« on: July 11, 2005, 06:51:19 am »

Hi, great work on 1.4, so far I like it a lot!  I've been waiting for better integration ("bridging") with Xoops for awhile...looks like you're on the right track - it's looking really good.

OK so I followed all the installation instructions, etc.  I already had a working Xoops site.  So I copied the CP dir to the Xoops dir structure, which is in the root of my webserver (IIS 5).  So the root document then is index.php for Xoops, and CP is in a folder called gallery.  Anyway, carrying on with the CP bridging instructions, all went well, I logged in to CP standalone, uploaded a couple of files, and they displayed OK and everything worked.

Then I ran the bridging wizard, and all was OK - until I clicked that last confirmation button.  Then I got an error - unfortunatly I didn't think to record it - however the error indicated the file xoops.inc.php in the /gallery/bridge folder.  Opening xoops.inc.php with NoteTab Lite, I found an error on line 28 which reads "require_once('../xoops/mainfile.php');" - I edited this to read "require_once('../mainfile.php');" (removed the "/xoops") and it worked.  Since my "mainfile.php" is in the root dir, and NOT in a folder /xoops/, this of course stands to reason.

Hope that helps someone!

Looking forward to more,

-Knyte
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 03:36:40 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Xoops bridging error & fix
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 07:17:57 am »

confirming this bug, there's a hardcoded path in the bridge file.

phatbloke

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 09:52:24 am »

I managed also to get coppermine going although i cannot get my admin account in xoops to be recognised as admin on coppermine so that i can sync the groups etc. Anyone have any ideas?

*EDIT*

do not use " Use post-based groups?:" as this was stopping me login as admin once setup.

If anyone figures out how to add the full xoops header and menu it would be most appreciated otherwise i will keep fudging my way through it tomorrow
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 12:54:07 pm by phatbloke »

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 02:16:14 pm »

Code: [Select]
define('USE_BRIDGEMGR', 0);
That should be on by default

Code: [Select]
define('USE_BRIDGEMGR', 1);
That way it will use the path you specify in config. The require_once('../xoops/mainfile.php'); is there for if you want to overide the bridge manager's settings.

Change committed.

Knyte

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 09:17:15 pm »

Kewl - thanks :)

thkiat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2005, 08:03:32 pm »

Bridge Wizard: path(s) used by your BBS app:-
Forum URL:
Relative path to your BBS's config file:

My mainfile.php is at root directory of www.usm.net.my and CPG is installed at www.usm.net.my/photogallery.
What should I enter for the above?

I entered as below:
Forum URL: http://www.usm.net.my
Relative path to your BBS's config file: ../

I ended up with this erro message: Parse error: parse error, unexpected '&', expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/httpd/vhosts/usm.net.my/httpdocs/photogallery/bridge/xoops.inc.php on line 104

I did change line 28, i.e.: require_once('../xoops/mainfile.php'); to require_once('../mainfile.php');

Please help.

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2005, 09:06:28 pm »

Locking this thread to prevent it being further hijacked to post duplicate bug reports and support questions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.