Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG Across Servers  (Read 4481 times)

fatsodoctor

• Coppermine newbie
CPG Across Servers
« on: July 10, 2005, 02:35:16 pm »

Hey All,

I'm looking for something to dynamically manage a library of streaming video.  CPG seems to do some of the things I need.  But I have at least one question.

For freakish reasons, I can't run my Web Site on the same server from which I'm streaming video.  Will CPG demand that the material it is managing (photos, video, or whatever) exist on the same server?

How would CPG deal with this split situation?  Would I build CPG's database on the streaming server?  Or is it possible to set up CPG so that everything except the video clips themselves resides on my Web server?

Thanks for the help.

Nibbler

Re: CPG Across Servers
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 02:40:27 pm »

Your content has to be on the same server as coppermine.

fatsodoctor

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 05:30:48 am »

What about incorporating into the Coppermine database a reference movie which in turn calls in a stream from another server?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 07:40:57 am »

you could mod coppermine to accomplish this, but we don't support remote hosting of coppermine content, as such a mod might be used to steal other's content and bandwidth as well. Short answer: what you're looking for is possible, but we (the coppermine dev team) won't look for a solution for this particular issue. Please search the forum, this has been requested before - there are some threads that you might find usefull to give you ideas how to accomplish what you're up to, plus more detailed explanations why the dev team is reluctant to look into this.

Joachim

fatsodoctor

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 05:42:18 pm »

Ah.  Yes, I see that Coppermine could be used for nefarious purposes if modified this way.  Thanks for the attentive responses, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.