Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just to say hi, and thank you!  (Read 3932 times)

Toga

• Coppermine newbie
Just to say hi, and thank you!
« on: July 11, 2005, 12:36:20 am »

I looked for an introductions thread, and I could be having a bad reading day, but I didn't see one so I thought the "General Discussion" section might be a good place to post this.

First, I want to say that I just recently started using Coppermine and I'm absolutely stoked about it! Thank you for creating such a great script!

I've been doing web hosting for many years now, and as time goes by there is more and more of a demand for "canned solutions" for my customers to achieve popular web tasks. Until recently, I had been directing my customers to a somewhat similar product called Gallery - and while I think that is a fantastic product as well - Coppermine is hands-down a much better and simpler solution for my customers. For as powerful as it is, the features are very intuitive for the average user and enables them to get started right away by choosing a theme and point & click uploads. I discovered Coppermine because I've just recently included Fantastico on my servers and I just decided to click the install to check it out. VERY happy I did!

Now that I'm using it, I already have questions coming to mind that I'd like to ask here on the forums, but I promise you this - I will *always* perform searches before asking questions, try to post my questions in the appropriate sections of the forum, listen to all advice and suggestions given, and make every attempt to resolve issues on my own before coming here with them. And keeping in mind that many times I will be posting questions based on the fact that I'm trying to help one of my customers with their CPG, I'm always grateful and appreciate for any assistance. I know that help with free scripts is a luxury and a priviledge, not a right.

Fortunately I'm already familiar with installing PHP scripts, setting permissions, etc... so I've got a pretty good jump start in avoiding a few of the more redundant questions, but I may still have one or two that might occassionally make the masses groan and roll their eyes. I'll try to avoid that if I can LOL!

I guess I'm just a bit giddy right now knowing that I have a new simpler solution for online gallery needs right at my fingertips, but I wanted to at least say hi and inroduce myself before I begin posting questions around the board. If I happen to screw up, feel free to point me in the right direction - I take hints rather well  ;)

And just so you know, I'm not someone who comes around trying to pimp their services. There are thousands of hosts out there, and I'm not here digging for customers, I'm here because I'm already impressed with this software and want to master it.

Nice to meet ya's!
Dave

Nibbler

Re: Just to say hi, and thank you!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 12:46:45 am »

Welcome, you sound like the perfect user :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Just to say hi, and thank you!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 07:36:53 am »

Hi Dave,

we're happy that you enjoy the software :D. Hopefully, we'll meet your expectations on this support board as well. I'm looking forward to your questions/contributions.

And just so you know, I'm not someone who comes around trying to pimp their services. There are thousands of hosts out there, and I'm not here digging for customers, I'm here because I'm already impressed with this software and want to master it.
You're even allowed to promote your hosting services on a thread dedicated to this: Web Hosting for Coppermine photo Album? - please do so and advertize there, it's good for users to know that there are webhosts who understand coppermine and who are willing to look into any issues they have with it.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.