Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with uploading image $5  (Read 4484 times)

girrl88

• Coppermine newbie
Need help with uploading image $5
« on: July 10, 2005, 05:46:04 am »

Hi,  I need some help. I'm having the basic problem of not being able to upload images I've read several tutorials and I realize that this is probably being caused by the permissions being incorrect
First and foremost: check your permissions on the /albums, /albums/userpics, and /albums/edit directories. All should be 777 or 755.

or something equally simple that I've read but not really understood. But in all honesty I'm completely lost and me trying to figure out UNIX permissions was very similar to a monkey doing a math problem.  :(

Version 1.3.3 is what comes with my Fantastico package. I can remove it and do a clean install, that's not a problem. I just need someone to get it set up so I can upload images and I'm so tired and frustrated that I'll pay someone $5 Paypal to help me - the price is somewhat negotiable but honestly, I can't go too much higher than that.

So please, somebody take pity on me and help me out here - thanks.

Edited to add - if you don't want PP funds I can mail you $5.  :)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 08:14:05 am by GauGau »

Deus

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • DJ-Daz
Re: Need help with uploading image $5
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 06:01:25 pm »

an easy way to do it is through explorer and publish to the web.
see atatchment.
run it - its safe,
after that goto the picture/pictures whereever they are on YOUR pc nd look to the lhs panel.
click publish to the web.
select your service ie gallery
album
next
done.

Easy peasy and a brilliant addition to the gallery code.
be careful though, it will duplicate pictures in the database so select your pics with care.

Ps. i hope i'm not stealing from the coders, i'm just trying to help a user out.
No payment needed. Enjoy.
https://daz-stuff.uk
DJ tutorials, E-Bikes, Movies and videogames.
(https://daz-stuff.uk/daz/signature.png)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.