Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Categories  (Read 3720 times)

LilDog

• Coppermine newbie
Multiple Categories
« on: July 11, 2005, 07:21:09 pm »

I am getting pretty confused with this program, to say the least...

I have a new install of Coppermine integrated with VBulletin. I have the two working together well. My site (a website for dog owners) has a big need for a user gallery so that users can post pictures of their dogs.

The main category is for users to post pictures of their Little Dogs. Can I not create another category for say, Big dogs? I can create a million categories, but it seems that only the admin can post pictures to them? Am I doing something wrong, here? Why can't users post albums to these new categorys, other than the default category? What is the use of having other categories if nobody can post to them?

TIA,
LilDog.

Nibbler

Re: Multiple Categories
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 07:27:09 pm »

You need to create albums in the categories, and then allow uploads into them in album properties.

LilDog

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 07:53:23 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply... So I did what you recommended, and it works... Kinda stinks that users can't create their own albums in the category, though. But oh well...

Question - Why do the albums from the second category show up on the front page? Is there a way to get rid of this? I've included a scree shot -

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lildogz.com%2Ftemp%2Fscreen-1.gif&hash=4c0fabcbbb21e5bf18fce0706b8a9d658b1fe338)

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 09:49:04 pm »

Because you have 'Show first level album thumbnails in categories' enabled in your config page.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.