Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nothing, I get nothing  (Read 6576 times)

ahhyeah

• Coppermine newbie
Nothing, I get nothing
« on: July 07, 2005, 03:27:04 pm »

I uploaded properly and ran update, went on to the gallery and now I just get a blank white browser screen. No errors, just white. :(
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 02:03:35 pm by Nibbler »

toujours

• Coppermine novice
Re: Nothing, I get nothing
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 03:55:29 pm »

There's not even "Fatal error :" written up in the top left corner ?

Did you erase your existing directories (except Album) before updating ?

Try out versioncheck.php, does it work ? Are there red cells in the table ?
Check also with phpinfo.php and check your PHP version.

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 04:45:03 am »

If PHP is set to not send errors which I believe is the recommended configuration then all you will get is a white screen.

did you ftp the files over files that already existed? Perhaps starting from a clean slate is advised.

Of course make sure you have a backup if you are deleting things.

newyorkrunaway

• Coppermine newbie
Fatal Error, no reason explained
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 05:26:27 am »

Ok, I urpgraded CPG 1.3 that was provided and installed by my server host, to 1.4. I followed the steps in the installation in the readme and i get the following error :

Fatal Error

lol, i know, thats it, here is the exact code that it brings up :

Fatal error :<br />

This error is not explained so how can i fix it on my own. I searched the forums here in the testing thread, and couldnt find anything like this problem. There have been other Fatal Errors, but all of those came with some explination when loaded on the page. Here is a link to the gallery I am having trouble with :

http://photos.tournashville.net

Thank you for any help people, I really love this program and it beings wonders to my site, and I would like to use it again. lol

newyorkrunaway

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 05:31:06 am »

I get the same thing, I posted before i saw this thread though, woops. I upgraded and all i get is  a fatal error thing and thats it. no explination for the fatal error, it simply says "fatal error" and thats it. i went to the versioncheck.php, got the same thing, and went to the phpinfo.php and got the same thing. it worked when i had the old 1.3 version. hmm.... whats up with this, please help, please.....

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 05:45:30 am »

I merged your other, separate thread with this one. There's no support for cpg1.4.x as stated many times, so don't expect an answer soon; this sub-board is meant for posting bugs, to help us troubleshoot the beta software. It is not meant as a troubleshooting means for you.
Additionally, you PMed me, requesting me to look into this thread and helping you with your issues: my signature clearly says not to PM me unless requested, and there already are devs who are looking into this issue discussed here - they have posted on this thread as well.
Please respect board rules in the future! >:(

newyorkrunaway

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 05:47:13 am »

no need to get mad, im new to the forums, dont expect me to know everything in 5 minutes. anyhoo, here is what i got when i tried to fix the problem :

Fatal error :<br /><br />.<br /><br/>
                    <form name="mysql"><textarea rows="8" cols="60">While executing query &quot;SELECT extension, mime, content, player FROM cpg132_filetypes;&quot; on 0

mySQL error: Unknown column 'player' in 'field list'
</textarea></form>

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.