Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Help Changing a few colors/backgrounds  (Read 6885 times)

Warlock82

• Coppermine newbie
Need Help Changing a few colors/backgrounds
« on: July 06, 2005, 05:53:23 pm »

I am pretty new to coppermine so I am having a bit of trouble finding various color and background values in the template.php/style.css files.  I was hoping someone with more experience could help me out.  Here is my gallery:

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery/index.php

What I'd like to change:
-Give the Albums/Files columns the same background image as the Catagory titles column
-Change the size of the font used in those columns
-Change the background image for empty album frames (where there is currently no album).  For some reason it uses the same background image as catagory titles which I really hate, especially since it doesn't fill the whole table but just that top cell.

And on a gallery page such as this:
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=23

-Change either the navagation (Home > Etc) and Album title font color OR the background image for those two table cells.  And this without modifying the colors of other fonts (because I did find out how to change the navagation text color but it changed the color of all the album titles on the index too  :(  )
-Change the font size of the image thumbnail captions (or at least make the things bold, they are barely readable).

Anyways, I hope someone can help with this stuff.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Need Help Changing a few colors/backgrounds
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 11:06:01 am »

-Give the Albums/Files columns the same background image as the Catagory titles column
edit the css class "row1"
-Change the size of the font used in those columns
add "font-size:9px;" (or whatever) to the classes you have created.
-Change the background image for empty album frames (where there is currently no album).  For some reason it uses the same background image as catagory titles which I really hate, especially since it doesn't fill the whole table but just that top cell.
not sure what you mean

-Change either the navagation (Home > Etc) and Album title font color OR the background image for those two table cells.  And this without modifying the colors of other fonts (because I did find out how to change the navagation text color but it changed the color of all the album titles on the index too  :(  )
edit the class "nav"
-Change the font size of the image thumbnail captions (or at least make the things bold, they are barely readable).
edit the class "thumb_title"

You have added a lot of custom css classes (replacing the original ones). You might want to take a look at the styleguide or use a tool like the "Web developer toolbar" for Firefox (or a similar tool for IE), it will give you an idea what classes to edit.

Warlock82

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 05:27:11 pm »

I didn't actually write the classes myself.  I am just modifying the Chronicles theme because while I liked it in general, there were a few things I really don't like about it.

brenakie

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 01:26:38 am »

I'm kinda in the same boat as warlock.  On my main gallery page the font that's in the cells is very light and I'd like to make it darker.  I went through the stule.css and could not find what I was looking for.  Can anyone point me in the right direction.  here's the page w/ my issues http://www.rihunts.com/rihgallery/

Thanks,

Bren

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 11:46:19 am »

edit the class tableb_compact. Find a screenshot attached that I made from your site, using the "Web Developer" toolbar for Firefox. It makes it very easy to find class and id definitions.

Joachim

brenakie

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 12:28:36 pm »

Gau,

Thanks for the FireFox tip, it woprks great!!!

This is what was there:

Code: [Select]
.tableb_compact {
        background-color: #AB8C5B;
background-image : url(images/gen_background2.jpg);
        padding-top: 2px;
        padding-right: 5px;
        padding-bottom: 2px;
        padding-left: 5px;
}

And this is what I added: 2nd to last line color tag and still nothing...  What am I doing wrong????

.tableb_compact {
        color: #5B0B0B
}

I was able to change the color in the "album_stat" area, when I mouse over the comment area with firefox, webdev comes back with "p" I searched the css and  come up empty.

Thanks for your help,

Bren
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 12:46:54 pm by brenakie »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2005, 01:45:48 pm »

For me, your changes do work: the line
25 files, last one added on Aug 25, 2005
used to be in orange, now it's red. If you want to change the text
RI Deer Gallery.
, you'll have to take a look into what html tag this line is wrapped into: in this case, it's
<p>RI Deer Gallery.</p>, so you should take a look at the paragraph and determine from where it inherits the formatting - in your case, it's from
p {
        font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
color : #FFE081;
        font-size: 100%;
        margin: 2px 0px;
}
To change this, find
.tableb_compact {
}
and add after it (in a new line)
p.tableb_compact {
}
Please keep in mind that this is not a particular coppermine issue, but a general HTML/CSS issue. I therefor recommend some good CSS reading/tutorial - a good place to start is http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

Warlock82

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 02:25:54 pm »

Finally got around to messing with this some more.  That Firefox toolbar does help a lot and I got it to do almost everything I want so far.  But there are a few things I'm still having trouble with:

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=53&pos=2
How do I change the background frame that images are displayed on from white to something else? (this class id doesn't show up in firefox).  In particular, in Internet Explorer which shows the transparency for GIFs like the one I linked I'd rather have it as black or something.

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery/ (under "WarCraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans") and  http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery/index.php?cat=4
Whenever I have only one album per row it uses the catagory header background as the album "title" slot.  What I would like is for that frame to use the same background as the frame just below it.  Where is that in theme.php?

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=18  (or any album page)
I want to change where it says "Wallpapers" there from row1 to row4 (new class I made with a different background).  But I'm not sure which one that is in theme.php
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.