Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Down

Author Topic: add a Paypal shopping basket to your gallery.  (Read 315584 times)

rterburg

• Coppermine novice
    • terBurg.net Landscape photography and nature photography
Re: add a Paypal shopping basket to your gallery.
« Reply #300 on: June 01, 2005, 08:09:19 am »

I've downloaded the PayPal mod yesterday and changed te code as discribed in the "code-changes.html" document. Everything works fine but I also get the Please enter an amount greater than zero. error.

I have read the options to solve this problem, but it doesn't work. I'm using Coppermine 1.3.3 and the Project_ii theme (modified). I have attached the theme.php and template.html in a zip file.

The url to the gallery on my website is http://www.terburg.net/gallery/index.php?lang=english

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Ron

I've solved the problem. It was in my template.html. I took the original Project_ii template.html from the hack and modified it.
Thanks for the hack, it's a great one.

Regards, Ron
~Ron~
www.terburg.net, Dutch landscape- and naturephotography

LWAA

• Coppermine regular visitor
paypal hack added, but no change to config.php [solved, please delete]
« Reply #301 on: June 02, 2005, 01:26:11 pm »

:-[ oops - found out what the problem was - I didn't update the english language file. All is good now.

I've added the PayPal hack and all seems good except that there's no settings available to change in config.php. According to the shopupdate docs, there should be two new sections in config.php between "Language, Themes & Charset settings" and "Album list view" entitled "Paypal account email" and Shop sizes and prices", but they are not there. I've double checked the shophack folder and there is no new config.php file. I've hit "update" and I see that all the info that should be in the new config.php file is listed there (paypal email address, paper sizes etc) but they don't show up in the config.php file - can anyone help please?
 :-\\
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 01:49:05 pm by LWAA »
<i>"I understand everything, except what you're telling me"</i>

dukie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #302 on: June 11, 2005, 05:28:35 am »

I was also wondering if it would be possible to display the items added to cart on a page on your own server and then when the customer orders the items, to have the details emailed to the admin.  I would like the ability to have the users pay with cash or check or pick up the prints in person.

Any suggestions for completing this task?

Thanks

cnico88

• Coppermine newbie
Re: paypal hack added, but no change to config.php [solved, please delete]
« Reply #303 on: June 13, 2005, 04:42:18 pm »

:-[ oops - found out what the problem was - I didn't update the english language file. All is good now.

I've added the PayPal hack and all seems good except that there's no settings available to change in config.php. According to the shopupdate docs, there should be two new sections in config.php between "Language, Themes & Charset settings" and "Album list view" entitled "Paypal account email" and Shop sizes and prices", but they are not there. I've double checked the shophack folder and there is no new config.php file. I've hit "update" and I see that all the info that should be in the new config.php file is listed there (paypal email address, paper sizes etc) but they don't show up in the config.php file - can anyone help please?
 :-\\

I think you should go and update your coppermine now. So go to www.yourdomain.com/yourgallery/update.php where you replace your gallery and your domain to the appropriate names.
www.cincophoto.com -- my photo gallery

ndee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #304 on: June 16, 2005, 08:23:06 pm »

hi casper, im currently using your wonderful paypal hack and is wondering whether i can customized it to have different prices for different photos upon uploading and when user adds to basket, the price of the photo is sent to paypal shopping cart...

if possible, what are the files to edit and modify to allow this feature of using different price ?? thanks in advance :)

Ndee.

ndee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #305 on: June 16, 2005, 10:53:29 pm »

alright heres what i did:

1. added '{USER1}' => $CURRENT_PIC_DATA['user1'] in displayimage.php
-> this sets the user custom field as a parameter which can be used globally

2. changed the baseamt input in theme.php to: <input type="hidden" name="baseamt" value="{USER1}" />
-> this will sent the amount of the product to paypal

added beside the title:
{TITLE} - {$CONFIG[currency]}$ {USER1}
-> which will display the amount beside the title...

finally, edit the photo or upload a new photo of ur product and add the amount there...do note that inside config, user custom field 1 should have some description about the field like: Price: USD$

now the problem is how to allow values like 12.50 instead of 12 ? or 12.00 ? anyone can help??

ndee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #306 on: June 16, 2005, 11:03:14 pm »

hmm nvm, i guess everything is fixed.. :D thanks casper for the wonderful coppermine paypal hack.

zac

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #307 on: June 20, 2005, 12:03:05 pm »

Hi... Thanks so much for this fantastic hack!  Your support goes above and beyond!!
 I tried to read through all the posts but I can not find an answer to my problem.  In my galleries I have a mix of color and black and white images which also are printed either inkjet or hand printed fiber based and are priced accordingly.  These are mixed together in the same album.  Is there a way to make some pricing options unavailable for certain images (for example i can not print color images on fiber based papers).  

If there is a way it is probably way over my head but I thought I would ask just in case. ???  

Thanks again for the hack and any help with this.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 09:55:15 am by zac »

benoit

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #308 on: June 22, 2005, 11:48:20 am »

Hi Casper,

I'm searching for a simple e-commerce solution, not using online payment like paypal.

My idea is that the end user can add pictures to his basket and then checkout. The order is notified by e-mail (or by another way?) to the admin and the client.
After this process, pictures are printed and sent to the customer with an invoice.

Is there a way to modify your paypal hack to do this ? What would be the solution ?

Thanks in advance
Benoit

djmac

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #309 on: June 26, 2005, 01:08:04 am »

Casper

The MALS MOD, was it created just for MALS or can it be applied to any current CPG platform? I know this might be asking for a whole alot, but can the original print size and price fields be kept with it, and can time and labor be added, ie 15.00 per hour at 6 hours = 90.00.?
I guess I am asking if it can be more flexable. From what I see you do great work.

Regards
Don
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 07:07:08 pm by djmac »

sion3000

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.coolshots.co.uk
« Reply #310 on: June 29, 2005, 01:29:32 am »

Maybe someone can help with this. Ive installed the pay pal mod with no problems and upgrade and running the current stable version.
Currently i have about 6 items in my drop down list for purchasing. e.g. A1 prints, A2, Prints A3 Prints and A4 prints

The only problem is that some of my photos on the site are not high enough quality to print above A4. So what i need to do is stop people from being able to select those print sizes on the photos i select.

I know you are able to do this on a catagory scale (each catagory gets its own theme) but i need a more specifc to the photo. ???
Any sugestions ? the site is www.coolshots.co.uk/Coppermine if anyone needs to see what im talking about.

Any ideas welcome.  ;D ;D ;D

Thanks

Sion

djmac

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #311 on: June 29, 2005, 07:40:34 am »

Hi Sion

I'm not sure I can help, but I am curious. I looked at your site (looks great btw) When someone buys a print are they allowed to download the print itself in the size that they purchased. or do you create a print and mail it to them. If I had a better idea I may be of some help.  :)

Regards
Don

sion3000

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #312 on: June 29, 2005, 09:53:17 am »

Nope i do all the printing. The customers are not able to download the image. The only way forward i could see on this as the code stands is to create a different gallery e.g Mountains 1 and mountains 2. Mountains 2 would contain the bigger sizes and vice versa. But that would look a bit messy.

Whats your idea ?

THanks

Sion   :)

Abboud

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #313 on: June 29, 2005, 02:32:48 pm »

hi
first of all I would like to thank you so much for the add, but I have 2 questions

why do i get the message that the amount should be more than zero??? I have made evrything step by step as shown in the doc..

2: all my pictures are just exampels of what I can paint(I paint them manually by hand) so I need that the clients are able to choose the sizes and the colors and which motive they want then I will amke and ship it for them...How can I do that?? does it sound crazy??

here is the site and you can have a look!

thanks in advance

sion3000

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #314 on: June 30, 2005, 01:15:00 am »

Ok i have a solution to my problem with regards to different sizes per photo.

Not sure how much this work this would be but if Casper or someone else who codes here could have a think if its posible to add in the pay pal mod hack. I think it would also help other people.

1. Have a new configeration screen just for the pay pal hack
2. Allow it so you can create as many categorys  e.g. like is done with adding the albums
3. You are then able to edit up to 20 items / prices for each one of those paypal catagogires (works off the catagory ID)
4. In the photos section where you are able to edit its description you would have a paypal tick box which would then enable a drop down of all the catagories that, that photo would fall into. Thus providing only the items / prices you have set in that catagory.

This would solve the following problems:
1. People trying to esclude certain photos from the shop
2. People wishing to have more than 1 pricing scheme
3. My problem i face of not been able to edit items for each photo.

Anyway if someone could have a think of that and see if it would be considered. If they need more info on the idea please feel free to contact me.

Thanks

Sion   :)

djmac

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #315 on: June 30, 2005, 04:56:02 am »

Nope i do all the printing. The customers are not able to download the image. The only way forward i could see on this as the code stands is to create a different gallery e.g Mountains 1 and mountains 2. Mountains 2 would contain the bigger sizes and vice versa. But that would look a bit messy.

Whats your idea ?

Sion

I think this is what I am reading in your post. It is quality in the image you are looking for. What I do is process all my photos through Adobe Photoshop. I make one image at about 800 by whatever. You will also have to increase the size of the images in the admin panel. This way the print looks good on screen and produces a nice thumbnail. Not sure if this helps.

Regards
Don

ps, what happen to casper. Where in the world is Casper  :)

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #316 on: June 30, 2005, 07:28:50 pm »

Casper

The MALS MOD, was it created just for MALS or can it be applied to any current CPG platform? I know this might be asking for a whole alot, but can the original print size and price fields be kept with it, and can time and labor be added, ie 15.00 per hour at 6 hours = 90.00.?
I guess I am asking if it can be more flexable. From what I see you do great work.

Regards
Don

Don, that hack could be changed to use any shopping cart system I think, with a bit of coding.

Hi... Thanks so much for this fantastic hack!  Your support goes above and beyond!!
 I tried to read through all the posts but I can not find an answer to my problem.  In my galleries I have a mix of color and black and white images which also are printed either inkjet or hand printed fiber based and are priced accordingly.  These are mixed together in the same album.  Is there a way to make some pricing options unavailable for certain images (for example i can not print color images on fiber based papers). 

If there is a way it is probably way over my head but I thought I would ask just in case. ??? 

Thanks again for the hack and any help with this.

Try using the mals ecommerce hack, here  but with the paypal forms instead of mals.  You will also have to put the script from the paypal hack in the theme template.html

Maybe someone can help with this. Ive installed the pay pal mod with no problems and upgrade and running the current stable version.
Currently i have about 6 items in my drop down list for purchasing. e.g. A1 prints, A2, Prints A3 Prints and A4 prints

The only problem is that some of my photos on the site are not high enough quality to print above A4. So what i need to do is stop people from being able to select those print sizes on the photos i select.

I know you are able to do this on a catagory scale (each catagory gets its own theme) but i need a more specifc to the photo. ???
Any sugestions ? the site is www.coolshots.co.uk/Coppermine if anyone needs to see what im talking about.

Any ideas welcome. ;D ;D ;D

Thanks

Sion

Same answer as above.  Try using the mals commerce hack, here , but using the paypal buttons.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 07:49:09 pm by Casper »
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #317 on: June 30, 2005, 07:52:53 pm »

hi
first of all I would like to thank you so much for the add, but I have 2 questions

why do i get the message that the amount should be more than zero??? I have made evrything step by step as shown in the doc..

You will need to change the javascript in the theme template.html.  This has been discussed earlier in this thread several times.

2: all my pictures are just exampels of what I can paint(I paint them manually by hand) so I need that the clients are able to choose the sizes and the colors and which motive they want then I will amke and ship it for them...How can I do that?? does it sound crazy??

here is the site and you can have a look!

thanks in advance

You could also try the hack done for mals, but using the paypal buttons.  See link in above post.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #318 on: July 01, 2005, 12:30:54 am »

OK,

I've seen the requests that are asking for a cross between this hack and the mals ecommerce one I did.

I have done one, that allows each photo to have up to 6 options, each at a different price if wanted.  It uses paypal as the payment gateway.

I will post it tomorrow, but you can preview it here

There is one photo with the features, and an album of screenshots.

sion3000

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #319 on: July 01, 2005, 01:27:50 am »

Hi Casper that sounds perfect thanks for your input.

Whats the code like, just wondering because i will need to add more products to mine. Dont mind doing it myself aslong as you could give me a bit of guidence. 15 Products would be the maximum. Not sure if thats a quick change ?

Thanks

Sion
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.