Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: add a Paypal shopping basket to your gallery.  (Read 315569 times)

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: add a Paypal shopping basket to your gallery.
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2004, 12:42:44 am »

You don't.

You download it to your pc, then unzip it.
Now look in the docs folder, find and open the shop.html.
All the instructions are in there.

You will also need to download the themes zip, http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/coppermine/cpg1.3.x_mod_shop_all_themes_only.zip?download
and choose the theme you want.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

squeeze

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2004, 01:28:34 am »

okay have it set up but wont let me save my optios for size and price hit the save button in confic when done check back and there gone any ideas thaks lar

squeeze

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2004, 01:30:44 am »

also have the buy button the gallery page sometimes.............

squeeze

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2004, 01:42:04 am »

hmmm but if you hit buy a size comes up but no title but theres no sizes listed in the drop down menu. lar

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2004, 01:48:44 am »

Did you run the update?

Please give a link to your site.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

squeeze

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2004, 03:59:33 am »

yes i did the update http://lvmphoto.com/gallery/coppermine/index.php?cat=10001 just wont save any of the size and price values in the config...........

squeeze

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2004, 04:15:09 am »

ok reuploaded and ran the updates seems allright now thanks for your help larry.................

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2004, 08:00:44 am »

you don't just upload the zip - just unzip it and read the instructions carefully.

Joachim

squeeze

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2004, 01:38:52 am »

yes i did unzip on my hard drive and upload files seems to be working good just have one bug when on the main gallery page if you hit the @ for login the basket button appears in the middle of the buttons with the login and the login is moved to the middle of the screen........http://lvmphoto.com/gallery/coppermine/index.php?cat=10001

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2004, 12:40:36 pm »

Hi squeeze,

try the attached 2 files.  I have altered the project theme to show the basket in the top right all the time, and the log-in etc is now left justified.

JJ Photo

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2004, 02:21:14 am »

Would you please consider offering detailed installation instructions for those of us with already modified files (outide of the theme folders which I can handle)?  Step by step, copy and paste instructions would be wonderful and greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
JJ Photo

JJ Photo

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2004, 04:33:01 am »

Does this mod break or remove the photo comments that the default install displays?  I notice in the documentation:

Now find the 'Custom fields for image description' section, and in field 1, insert 'Description'.

I would like to use the default description field and not a custom one please.  Also even when I did use the description field as noted above this would not display under the photo.  Is this correct or a mistake on my part?  I've installed this mod twice now and get the same result, no description under the photo for the medium size display (I don't use the full photo zoom window zoom thing).  The thumbnail gallery still displays the default description field.  Why duplicate the description field when it's already there?  How can I re-enable the default description field under the photo title?

edit: I notice that when I edit a photo, the default description field is gone!  This is very unfortunate and I don't see why the mod would even want to do that.  Please advice on how to restore the default description field.

Please advise,
JJ Photo

JJ Photo

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2004, 05:48:25 am »

Okay I've fixed the default description (caption) field not showing when this mod is installed.  You need to replace the file 'editOnePic.php' with the default file and then paste this into your theme.php where you want the description to display:

<!-- BEGIN caption -->
                                <tr>
                                        <td>
                                                {CAPTION}
                                        </td>
                                </tr>
<!-- END caption -->

I've pasted that just under the {title} declaration and above the shopping cart system.

As far as I can see, there is no need to use the editOnePic.php included in this mod but I could very well be mistaken.

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I approve.
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2004, 09:37:22 am »

CASPER!!! THANKS a billion and a half for this mod!   :D ;D I followed the directions and it worked perfectly! No glitches and no heart ache... My recommendations to people who are looking to install this mod. READ THE DIRECTIONS in the DOCS folder. If you read them and do it step by step, you won't have ANY problems.

Question: All of my prices do not include tax / shipping charges. Now as much as I don't like to tax people, it surely is a problem come end of the year :-( Is there a modification to add sales tax and say a flat rate for shipping? I did search paypal and it looks like there are two things offered. A standard shopping cart which you implemented so well and a "buy now" shopping cart which is the same as the standard shopping cart, except for the fact it that upon checkout, it will automatically figure taxes and add shipping charges which you specify in advance. I will provide the link to the "buy now" shopping cart on paypal, but you will need to login before being able to view it.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/xcl/rec/singleitem-intro

I will see if I can implement the "Buy now" shopping cart with your codebase. Let's see how well i muck it up :-)

-- OmegaGOD
"Oh My God"
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2004, 11:20:55 am »

@ JJ Photo,

are you using the latest mod, with the dropdown box for size selection on just one line, or the earlier one with a add to cart button for each size.  The editonepic.php has to offer the same boxes to edit as the upload.php and editpics.php.

I will post code changes for each file, so those with already modded files can apply the mod.  BUT, other changes may well affect the operation of the hack.

The current mod, with the dropdown box, allows full display of the comments etc.

@ OmegaGOD,

I see no problem with changing the add to cart button with a buy now button, but it just means it will put off people who want to buy multiple pics, that they have to go through the buying procedures many times, instead of just once.  In fact, my first attempts at this mod did just that.

As for taxes etc, as you said, there is the facility in your paypal profile to set tax and shipping costs, which are added at the and of the sale. You can set both there to be what you need, for instance, postage costs based on quantity, or total costs etc.  Also, as each user in each different country will have to set different tax levels, this is the best place to set the tax.

JJ Photo

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2004, 03:35:58 pm »

Casper thank you very much for your reponse.  Yes I'm using the latest version with the dropdown box.  What boxes to edit does editpics.php (and also editonepic and upload) offer? I don't see anything extra on my install.  Hmm.  I see in your example pic on page 1 of this topic there is a 'price' field (is that all?).  I don't see that field on either of my installs on editonepic or editpics or upload either.  I don't see any extra fields at all.  Sobs..  I'm using coppermine 1.3.2 on Apache.  Please advise.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2004, 04:16:26 pm »

Hi JJ,

all the pics on page 1 of this thread are out of date, except the pic on the very first thread.

The original description field was needed to get the price, which is why it was changed, and one of the optional fields used instead.  As the price is now gathered from the database, I think we can probably go back to using the original field, but it will require changes to upload.php, editpics.php and editonepic.php.

Let me look into this.  I will get back to you on this soon, but bear with me, I'm having puter problems, with my home network playing up, and difficulty getting on the net.

More problems in the 2 weeks since I upgraded to SP2, than in the previous year.

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I approve.
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2004, 01:04:02 am »

@ Casper

Thanks. Yep it looks like the standard shopping cart allows you to calculate sales tax and add shipping. I had to set it up in paypal. I should have looked first before posting the question. Thanks Agian

--OmegaGOD
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

JJ Photo

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2004, 02:26:30 am »

Thank you Casper.  This is indeed what I need and I eagerly await hearing from you.  Re: your difficulties with SP2.  I understand.  There must be a way to disable that firewall (I use Tiny Personal firewall which is quirky but works quite well) to use a better one.  I haven't looked into that yet.

Will your changes to the files mentioned be find/replace of the code or complete file overwrites?  I would prefer the former please, since tonight I need to reinstall my entire coppermine install due to a bridge attempt failing disastrously (arg!).  I will install your mod then another one (sorting of photos in album) so I won't be able to replace your files without loosing my changes for album sorting.  (upload.php and enlish.php I know are two that the sort mod changes).

Cheers for your work!
JJ Photo

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2004, 09:43:11 pm »

OK, sorry it took so long, but I've had a few days of puter probs.

Anyway, I looked at the complete mod, to see which of the bits where left over from the earlier mods, but now redundant.  There were several, including there being no need to change the upload.php, editpics.php and editonepic.php

Attached is a zip with full instructions to add the code to existing files.

I will update the download as soon as possible.

EDIT, the attached instructions have an error.  It tells you to change the include/update.php, which should read the include/update.sql.
I will update the zip later.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 10:04:24 am by Casper »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 20   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.