Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Login does not work  (Read 23441 times)

Cherlyn

• Coppermine newbie
Login does not work
« on: July 03, 2005, 12:24:53 pm »

???

I go to login and I get "could not logon; try again".  I click on "Forgot Password" and enter my email address, and it says Selected User does not Exist.

Is this a common problem, or is there a way to find out if perhaps I have my username incorrect?  I am not adept at computer-related things, honestly, so go gentle on me. :)

Cherlyn

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Login does not work
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 12:26:10 pm »

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 02:28:48 pm »

Save the following code into a new php file, upload it into your coppermine directory, and run it from your browser. Make sure you delete it afterwards, and please update your cpg version in your profile.

Code: [Select]
<?php
define
('IN_COPPERMINE'1);
require 
'include/init.inc.php';

$result db_query("SELECT user_name, user_password FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_USERS']} WHERE user_group = 1");
list(
$name$pass) = mysql_fetch_row($result);
echo 
"Your admin username is '$name', and the password is '$pass'";

harveypaul

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 02:03:19 pm »

I have the same logg in problem.And im am not very computer lierate.Please could some one give me simply solution step by step so I can login to coppermine for the first time as it does not reconise the username and password set when I installed through fantastico. please please

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 05:59:17 pm »

doesn't get simpler than that. Ask your webhost for support if Nibbler's instructions are too complicated for you.

harveypaul

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 06:48:00 pm »

Thanks Sorted now.Just incase anyone else has same problem and they installed through fanticstico try putting in the username that you inputed before install and the email address that it also asks for before install as your password.It worked for me. ;D

drandcrew

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 09:29:15 pm »

It just got a LOT simpler... thanks.. worked for me!  Once I got in by adding my email addy, I just switched passwords. 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 08:32:07 am »

any dev volunteering to write a message to the fantastico devs, telling them that they need to fix their crappy coppermine installer routine?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 09:11:27 am by GauGau »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 09:09:40 am »

Maybe a user could post since the user is the one affected and can provide more pertinent details. I did a search at the Fantastico forums and there have been reports of issues with installations and logins, but I am not certain if those threads apply to the people here.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2005, 09:21:13 am »

well, the users complaining here on the boards are not fantastico's customers, as fantastico is not an end-user product - they sell it to webhosts. In fact the complaint would have to come from a webhost. But you know the chain: we tell end-user to complain at their webhost, and the user does so. The webhost will then think it's a user error or a bug in coppermine and will not look into this in the first place. Only if more users will complain, they might react. Same drill then on the fantastico home page then, there would have to be bug reports from several webhosts. That's why I thought it might be a better idea if a coppermine dev contacted them directly. Might be futile though - I have tried to contact fantastico in the past: although they make money out of the open source community (which is fine imo btw.), they don't react on criticism from the community. With all the issues the fantastico packages used to have in the past I guess it's not only the coppermine install within fantastico that causes problems - there surely are other open source apps in the fantastico package that experienced the same issues, and there probably have been end users flooding their support boards as well, so in turn the fantastico devs probably get flooded with requests from open source devs in return as well. This might be the reason for their lousy support and lack of communication with open source app devs. This being said I suggest we just drop the idea of contacting them, as it probably won't help anyway... :\'(

Joachim

Bteck

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 05:14:34 am »

Hello every one I want to first off thank every one that tried to help this problem out Just a quick note if you have downloaded your coppermine through fantastico then your server provider like siteground will help you out you just have to sumit a ticket or post a problem. That is what I did and there support team had my unablility to log in to my coppermine fixed in like minutes. Here is there reply was just in case it may help some one out in the future.

Subject:   Unable to login
Description:     Hello my bteckcornermods.com gallery site is not alowing me to log in Im getting error messages that I do not have premission to access the page and when I try to log in it tells me that Im useing the wrong user name or password when I try to use the forgot password it then gives me an error message that my e-mail dose not exsist. other people are experiancing the same thing

Regards
Brent Boychuk

Replies:   2006-08-09 09:51pm by valliant -   Hello,

Thank you for contacting our Support Center.

We are happy to inform you that we have just fixed this issue from the phpMyAdmin tool located in the cPanel -> MySQL databases -> bottom of the page.

Please note that the next time you want to edit the password fields directly trough it the passwords should be encrypted with MD5 hash.

If you have any further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Valliant Walters
Support Team
SiteGround.com

Regards
Bteck

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 07:33:48 am »

Yeah, which just proves what I said above: you webhost fixed things for you - the initial issue (Fantastico offering a buggy and outdated package) remains. Be happy that your webhost reacted. This is however not the usual customer service. Bottom line: if you're still using a Fantastico install, it definitely is outdated and needs to be aupgraded using the package we provide, doing as suggested in the docs we provide. Don't wait for your webhost to fix things for you.

Joachim

P.S. This thread is very old already. I suggest letting it rest in peace.

Bteck

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2006, 03:56:21 am »

Yeah, which just proves what I said above: you webhost fixed things for you - the initial issue (Fantastico offering a buggy and outdated package) remains. Be happy that your webhost reacted. This is however not the usual customer service. Bottom line: if you're still using a Fantastico install, it definitely is outdated and needs to be aupgraded using the package we provide, doing as suggested in the docs we provide. Don't wait for your webhost to fix things for you.

Joachim

P.S. This thread is very old already. I suggest letting it rest in peace.

I do agree with you GauGau I have upgraded to the latest version and that is when I started to have these problems even when siteground has not updated there fantastico version of coppermine or I mod something they still offered and stand behind what they offer in terms of products even your product. I have never had any support issues with siteground they always have treated me with the utmost respect and any issues I report to them it is usually fixed in minutes not hours or days. As far as fantastico offering buggy products maybe if the product manufacture is been bothered by issues indicative of there product it should be the product manufactures equal responsibility to make sure fantastico and alike receive the latest versions of there software you can’t always blame the gateway to your products. If it wasent for fantastico I would have never known of Coppermine.

Regards
Bteck

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 08:30:29 am »

We have told Fantastico ages ago that their version of Coppermine is buggy and outdated and even offered help to fix their versions, yet they didn't respond at all. You might want to review "Fantastico offers outdated scripts?" and "Coppermine and Fantastico" to see their reluctance to cooperate, so yes: I do blame Fantastico - they have been aware of bugs, yet they chose to do nothing.

Bteck

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2006, 06:31:47 am »

Well if you told Fantastico GauGau then I retract my statements I did not realize that they have been told. I then have to say it will have to be there customers that have to make a stand and tell them to update there software that they offer. I will be one that will infect complain to them at this point not that I was complaining to Coppermine. I will keep you guys apprised of what they tell me

Regards
Bteck
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.