Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: update.php has a Poor User Interface  (Read 7448 times)

exien

• Coppermine newbie
update.php has a Poor User Interface
« on: July 02, 2005, 04:35:38 am »

This is not a support request, everything works now!

Hi I just upgraded coppermine 1.2.1 to 1.3.3, and I spent about 30 minutes messing around with mysql because the upgrade.php file has a poor user interface.

I followed the upgrade instructions given at: http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php
And everything seemed to go smooth until I opened my coppermine gallery and was presented with a blank page only showing the following: There was an error while processing a database query.

After half an hour of trying to figure out what is wrong with mysql, I realized that I had set permissions that were too strict (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE). These preferences were working fine for months as I used the system.

When I ran update.php, it said "Already Done" to many of the items, when in fact, the updates were NOT done b/c of my restrictive permissions!!

There should have been an error alerting me to these permission problems. Please fix.

I was able to fix this problem by finally finding on the support forums the ability to turn on debug mode (through phpmyadmin), I think it would be beneficial for this information to be more public when a user experiences problems.

Other than this, coppermine has been very nice to me so far.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 11:35:18 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: update.php has a Poor User Interface
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 11:34:57 am »

Good point, moving this feature request accordingly. Note to devs: the docs need an update as well, saying what privileges the mySQL user needs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.