Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: update.php has a Poor User Interface  (Read 7482 times)

exien

• Coppermine newbie
update.php has a Poor User Interface
« on: July 02, 2005, 04:35:38 am »

This is not a support request, everything works now!

Hi I just upgraded coppermine 1.2.1 to 1.3.3, and I spent about 30 minutes messing around with mysql because the upgrade.php file has a poor user interface.

I followed the upgrade instructions given at: http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php
And everything seemed to go smooth until I opened my coppermine gallery and was presented with a blank page only showing the following: There was an error while processing a database query.

After half an hour of trying to figure out what is wrong with mysql, I realized that I had set permissions that were too strict (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE). These preferences were working fine for months as I used the system.

When I ran update.php, it said "Already Done" to many of the items, when in fact, the updates were NOT done b/c of my restrictive permissions!!

There should have been an error alerting me to these permission problems. Please fix.

I was able to fix this problem by finally finding on the support forums the ability to turn on debug mode (through phpmyadmin), I think it would be beneficial for this information to be more public when a user experiences problems.

Other than this, coppermine has been very nice to me so far.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 11:35:18 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: update.php has a Poor User Interface
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 11:34:57 am »

Good point, moving this feature request accordingly. Note to devs: the docs need an update as well, saying what privileges the mySQL user needs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.