Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: one pic per user  (Read 6270 times)

astralbaby

• Coppermine newbie
one pic per user
« on: November 27, 2003, 06:38:05 am »

is there a way to allow only one pic per user? And if so, could that user just delete that picture and reupload a new one? I am running this script as a feature on my website and I have a invision board forum installed and using that user database. I would like to allow only one pic per user so my server does not get loads of junk from users just practiciing. I hope I have asked this clear enough... please help me.. I would really appreciate it very much...

http://www.theformulasource.com

Nibbler

one pic per user
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 06:50:56 pm »

Simplest way to do this is to set a low disk quota in the groups page.

astralbaby

• Coppermine newbie
one pic per user
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2003, 02:23:37 am »

when I set the quota...  can I set it specificly? or is it only low medium or high?  is there another work-a-round that any one knows of? thanks alot in advance

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
one pic per user
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2003, 08:10:40 am »

without massive coding: no!

GauGau

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
one pic per user
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2003, 12:48:36 pm »

To set the quota, go to Admin->Groups.  Look for the text box next to your users group. The default quota is 1024 Kb (each user in the group gets 1024KB).  You can change that amount in the text box to whatever you like. (1 Kb and up). You should also set the maximum upload size in Admin->Config to prevent users wasting server resources by uploading a large picture that the server would reject. Their ability to delete pictures depends on the way you've configured the gallery.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.