Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will PayPal for CPG1.3.1 mod: "RATE ALBUM"  (Read 14668 times)

frankyknife

• Coppermine novice
Will PayPal for CPG1.3.1 mod: "RATE ALBUM"
« on: October 11, 2004, 04:23:36 am »

Hi!
i have coppermine photo gallery 1.3.1 installed on my own server without problems, everything is running fine.
now i need some help in enhancing the gallery with some familiar code. unfortunately i havent found anything matching help/mod here in this forum - and in fact i am more a graphican than a coder so...

• what i need is to add or to copy the rating function "rate this file" from displayimage.php to index.php or theme.php, so i can use and show a rating also for an album itself on the main list view.
    the intention => to rate an whole album (not only a pic inside of the album)

fake screen example (for better understanding):

(http://www.delatoy.com/images/cpg_ratealbum_sample.jpg)

[li]sample 1 is showing the standard output from displayimage.php, here mapped into the category/album view.
the upper line "rating (3 votes)" is an line excerpt of the "file information" => function "html_picinfo"
the bottom line "rate this file" is from the function "html_rating_box".[/li]

[li]sample 2 is showing a prefered version of my idea cause of lower space using.
"rate this file" is being reduced due to a "list_box" of the voting options (rubbish, poor, fair, good, excellent, great). we dont need 6 different graphics to choose from. the result graphic on the right side is the same again from the "file information".[/li]

-> i know that in fact not the album itself is being rated but the pic i use for the album list. i will never change the album pic so it should work this way. (please note: in thumbnail view i would like to remove the rating and file information, so it should not appear there, too! ...because to disable double rating of the same pic: once as an album, once as a picture.)
-> i will rename "rate this file" into "rate this album" of course after all has been done! (here i use it as it stands in the original code for better communication)

...if there should be more questions, post it here in the forum please.

[li]solution 3: of course you may code the function "rate an album" correctly as it should be or like you want. you dont need going the way about the "rate a file" function. this would prevent also some troubles or misleading voting of the same pic/file as described above![/li]
[/b]
[/list]

if you think you are able to do this for me, we can discuss further steps and the amount of payment (it will be well paid!!!). please contact me personally at: webmaster@delatoy.com

thank you,
franky
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 07:47:20 am by GauGau »

frankyknife

• Coppermine novice
Re: Will PayPal for CPG1.3.1 mod: "RATE ALBUM"
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 04:37:34 pm »

...still looking for someone who can code this function (solution 3) - like in sample 2.

but i can only pay max. $200.-
if you are interested please contact me.

Franky

frankyknife

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 02:54:48 am »

DONE!  :)

Highride

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 03:47:12 am »

I could also use this.. Anyone?

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 02:31:14 pm »

Sure, mail me or find me on msn.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.