Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34   Go Down

Author Topic: CpmFetch - (OLD/LOCKED) stats/thumbnails/randoms/etc from outside CPG  (Read 387906 times)

vuud

• Coppermine addict
  • [cpmfetch.fistfullofcode.com]
    • Fist Full Of Code
Re: CpmFetch - stats/thumbnails/randoms/etc from outside CPG
« Reply #560 on: June 02, 2005, 11:09:41 pm »

Hi all, im new her end ave read all the post but not get my answer:(
I wanna have tha latest up load images in a plain html.... is it poseble?

Thanks

Probably, what do you mean by plain html?

Please post for help to the forum... PM me only if you are sending security related items (passwords, security problems, etc).

cpmFetch - Images, RSS feeds from CPG from outside CPG
New release notification signup also. 
See http://cpmfetch.fistfullofco

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #561 on: June 03, 2005, 07:27:33 am »

I guess he wants to pull coppermine contents on a plain html page (one that is not php-powered). If I'm correct with my guess then the answer is: not possible, unless you use some foul tricks with an iframe that points to a php-enabled page. HTML pages are static, there's no way to add dynamic content to it (well, there is limited dynamics when using JavaScript, but you can't pull stuff that require server-sided calculations).

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #562 on: June 03, 2005, 08:01:39 am »

I guess he wants to pull coppermine contents on a plain html page (one that is not php-powered). If I'm correct with my guess then the answer is: not possible, unless you use some foul tricks with an iframe that points to a php-enabled page. HTML pages are static, there's no way to add dynamic content to it (well, there is limited dynamics when using JavaScript, but you can't pull stuff that require server-sided calculations).

Ah, let me try something... I have an idea that is just crazy enough that it may just work...

Please post for help to the forum... PM me only if you are sending security related items (passwords, security problems, etc).

bjorn666

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #563 on: June 03, 2005, 11:59:34 am »

Thanks, am happy for all help ;)   And yes its a html that is not php-powered.

pszone

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #564 on: June 03, 2005, 12:48:17 pm »

I need help. My site is game portal. I want my website's main page to load the latest 6 titles of the last updated or created albums, from one cathegory only (e.g. catherory 2). At present I'm doing this manually all by my own, but it takes awfully long time ( http://pszone.headoff.com - Sections "Screenshots" and "Videos"). I also wandered if it is possible before every new name of an album to apeear tha date of the update. For example:

02/05/05 Max Payne 2
06/05/05 Metal Gear Solid 3

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #565 on: June 03, 2005, 06:48:58 pm »

Thanks, am happy for all help ;)   And yes its a html that is not php-powered.

WOW, SSI for CpmFetch was EASY!

;D  I just started a new thread and posted how you can accomplish what you want.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=18547.0

Someday there will be a better solution, but for now - this is pretty darned good - and is probably more versitile than the ssi add on I will be writing.

If you have problem please post them in the other thread

Vuud

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #566 on: June 03, 2005, 06:50:49 pm »

I need help. My site is game portal. I want my website's main page to load the latest 6 titles of the last updated or created albums, from one cathegory only (e.g. catherory 2). At present I'm doing this manually all by my own, but it takes awfully long time ( http://pszone.headoff.com - Sections "Screenshots" and "Videos"). I also wandered if it is possible before every new name of an album to apeear tha date of the update. For example:

02/05/05 Max Payne 2
06/05/05 Metal Gear Solid 3

You just want a text list of albums and dates?  There is nothing in there to do exactly that, but you can do it pretty easily using the cpmfetch program.  Let me know if that is exactly what you want and I will spend the time coding an example.

Vuud

pszone

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #567 on: June 03, 2005, 07:28:38 pm »

Yes, I want just last 6 text list of albums and dates only from one categorie, thats all, but I don't know how to do that. Is there possible to put some code, becouse I am not gut with PHP. Sorry for bad english.

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #568 on: June 03, 2005, 08:07:29 pm »

Yes, I want just last 6 text list of albums and dates only from one categorie, thats all, but I don't know how to do that. Is there possible to put some code, becouse I am not gut with PHP. Sorry for bad english.

Looking at the code now, there is really no easy way to accomplish this without a lot of PHP code, which I don't have time to write up for you right now  (paid work and lunch calls to me).  I will think it over a little later and if I come up with something I will post it...  Its not impossible, I am just trying to think of a way to do it without changing my program and pushing a new release.

I have one that does last updated since a date, and displays thumbnails next to it...

See third example down...
http://www.fistfullofcode.com/cftest/index4.php

pszone

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #569 on: June 03, 2005, 08:22:04 pm »

Ok, 10x for fast reply vuud.

Elisabeth

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #570 on: June 05, 2005, 04:03:31 am »

Try this:

<?php   
include "/cpmfetch/coppermine.php";
$objCpm = new cpm('/gallery');
$objCpm->cpm_viewRandomMedia (1,1);
$objCpm->cpm_viewLastAddedMedia (1,1);
$objCpm->cpm_close();
?>

That will show 1 random and also the last added.

If not, let me know what it does...

Hmmm...yes, I think I will subscribe. ;)

Actually, I am having a problem.  This isn't correct, is it?

<?php   
include "http://twilight-whispers.com/cpmfetch/coppermine.php";
$objCpm = new cpm('http://twilight-whispers.com/gallery');

$objCpm->cpm_viewRandomMedia (1,1);
$objCpm->cpm_viewLastAddedMedia (1,1);

$objCpm->cpm_close();

?>

I'm a real newbie at PHP (I know HTML though ;)), so excuse any glaring errors.

Thank you for that code.  I had to add in the direct address to CPMFetch, but then it worked.  However, I have to wonderfully fashionable blue link squares around my images...how would I go about eliminating them?  I already set it not to in my CSS, but it does it anyway.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #571 on: June 05, 2005, 06:18:56 am »

Thank you for that code.  I had to add in the direct address to CPMFetch, but then it worked.  However, I have to wonderfully fashionable blue link squares around my images...how would I go about eliminating them?  I already set it not to in my CSS, but it does it anyway.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Yeah, they are fashionable are they not...

Are you sure the CSS is correct?  Can you post it here, along with any style options you are passing to cpmfetch?

Glad to see its generally working

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
Mojito - Please post to the thread on embedding ...
« Reply #572 on: June 05, 2005, 07:26:18 pm »

I tried moving the post, but somehow just removed it.  I have the contents and will post it to there...

Sorry

Elisabeth

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #573 on: June 06, 2005, 03:59:08 am »

I guess I didn't have it right anyway!  It wasn't correct in the CSS. :P

Elisabeth

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #574 on: June 07, 2005, 06:23:32 am »

Ahhh, but now I've discovered another problem.  Is there some way to target the link?  Since there's no <a href> section to put "target="target"" into, I'm completely lost. ::)

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #575 on: June 07, 2005, 06:41:46 am »

Ahhh, but now I've discovered another problem.  Is there some way to target the link?  Since there's no <a href> section to put "target="target"" into, I'm completely lost. ::)

Its in the documentation:

http://www.fistfullofcode.com/projects/copperminefetch/docs/readme.html#optionsarray

stez

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #576 on: June 08, 2005, 03:04:36 am »

Hello,

I have to say that I'm stumped at the first hurdle, and I don't usually get stuck with installing php scripts - running cftest.php brings up an error and no thumbnails:
ERROR: Path to Coppermine incorrect. (/usr/local/www/data//include/config.inc.php)
Your installation seems correct so far, you should see a small grid of thumbnails from your gallery
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /files/home1/stez/gallery/coppermine.php on line 648

I've tried variations of the directory path to attempt to make it find it, and I noticed that the test script displays a path to something like

usr/local/www/data/gallery/    rather than     files/home1/stez/gallery/ 

and I can't see where I can change this as I'm don't understand php language.   Coppermine is the latest 1.3.3 stable.  I've extracted the files into the /gallery dir as well as a directory of it's own at same dir level as gallery.

It doesn't run on a windows server (as you can see, but on FreeBSD, dunno what version, and runs at least php version 4.2 (I know it's the latest version, but not php v5) with mysql admin for the db. 

I appreciate the help, and looks like a fantastic idea from what I've seen from other sites :-)

Cheers,
Kyle

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #577 on: June 08, 2005, 04:49:18 am »

Hey Stez,

Did you change the variable at the top to  "/gallery"

If so, please PM me a link to your site so I can see the cftest.php (and hopefully the phpinfo output)

Thanks

Vuud

PS. Yah FreeBSD... I'm an OBSD person myself, but not one of the angry ones :)

Hello,

I have to say that I'm stumped at the first hurdle, and I don't usually get stuck with installing php scripts - running cftest.php brings up an error and no thumbnails:
ERROR: Path to Coppermine incorrect. (/usr/local/www/data//include/config.inc.php)
Your installation seems correct so far, you should see a small grid of thumbnails from your gallery
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /files/home1/stez/gallery/coppermine.php on line 648

I've tried variations of the directory path to attempt to make it find it, and I noticed that the test script displays a path to something like

usr/local/www/data/gallery/    rather than     files/home1/stez/gallery/ 

and I can't see where I can change this as I'm don't understand php language.   Coppermine is the latest 1.3.3 stable.  I've extracted the files into the /gallery dir as well as a directory of it's own at same dir level as gallery.

It doesn't run on a windows server (as you can see, but on FreeBSD, dunno what version, and runs at least php version 4.2 (I know it's the latest version, but not php v5) with mysql admin for the db. 

I appreciate the help, and looks like a fantastic idea from what I've seen from other sites :-)

Cheers,
Kyle

ledotn

• Coppermine newbie
    • Liquid Emotion
« Reply #578 on: June 10, 2005, 06:17:56 am »

It looks like I'm getting the same type of error that Stez was getting.

"Your installation seems correct so far, you should see a small grid of thumbnails from your gallery

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/liquidem/www/www/gallery/coppermine.php on line 687"

It should be correct.  The coppermine.php file is in that location.  I'm using Coppermine 1.3.3 and CoppermineFetch 1.3.5-dev.  I also tried it with version 1.2.2 and got the same error.

Thanks!!  I'm really excited about using this once I get it working, lol.
-Stephanie

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #579 on: June 10, 2005, 06:22:37 am »

It looks like I'm getting the same type of error that Stez was getting.

"Your installation seems correct so far, you should see a small grid of thumbnails from your gallery

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/liquidem/www/www/gallery/coppermine.php on line 687"

It should be correct.  The coppermine.php file is in that location.  I'm using Coppermine 1.3.3 and CoppermineFetch 1.3.5-dev.  I also tried it with version 1.2.2 and got the same error.

Thanks!!  I'm really excited about using this once I get it working, lol.
-Stephanie

Hey Stephanie...  first off - sorry I bounced your subscription to the forum request... I am not doing any coppermine stuff there.  if you want on for other reasons, re-apply...  I did intend to at one point, but they are fixing the forums here and I have the mailing list - so...

Regrettably, the problem stetz has is simialr to every problem... once you get past this, everything just works fine!

Is there supposed to be 2 "www" directories in your path? 

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.