Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 34   Go Down

Author Topic: CpmFetch - (OLD/LOCKED) stats/thumbnails/randoms/etc from outside CPG  (Read 389095 times)

vuud

• Coppermine addict
  • [cpmfetch.fistfullofcode.com]
    • Fist Full Of Code
Re: CpmFetch - stats/thumbnails/randoms/etc from outside CPG
« Reply #540 on: May 19, 2005, 06:07:56 am »

Well, depending - there are a few ways you can do it.

First:  Can you access the CPG database from the remote web site?

If not, then you most likely want to use the cfimageget.php code to remotely get an image.

If so, we can perform some configuration gymnastics to make it work... We will have to work through it together...

I have successfully installed CPMFetch on my website with the gallery installed (guidinglightmultimedia.com). But the main page of my website is located at another url (guidinglightcity.com). I would like to show some random images to get people to visit the galleries more.

I did get the test to run successfully, but I'm not really sure how to get it to work on the other url. I have tried including cftest on the page, but the images don't show up and all the links are wrong.

What should I do?

Thanks for your help!
Cassie
Please post for help to the forum... PM me only if you are sending security related items (passwords, security problems, etc).

cpmFetch - Images, RSS feeds from CPG from outside CPG
New release notification signup also. 
See http://cpmfetch.fistfullofco

cassie396

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #541 on: May 19, 2005, 10:44:26 am »

I'm not sure how to check to see if I can access the database from a remote site. I'm not really that knowledgable on programming and such. I usually just follow the directions with scripts and use the message boards to troubleshoot, so I'm sorry if my questions are obvious or stupid.  :P

How do I use cfimageget.php? And I thought I saw a thread that said you could use an image tag to retrieve an image, but the post was edited and didn't have instructions on how to do that...

Thanks Again!
Cassie

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #542 on: May 19, 2005, 04:57:55 pm »

Are the two sites on the same hosting company?

As for img tag - that is the CFIMAGEGET... see my web site at http://cpmfetch.fistfullofcode.com - and look at the cfimageget section...  Its got some limitations, but not many

The thread may have been moved to the cfimageget thread in parallel to this one

Post there if you have problems with CFIMAGEGET

:)

I'm not sure how to check to see if I can access the database from a remote site. I'm not really that knowledgable on programming and such. I usually just follow the directions with scripts and use the message boards to troubleshoot, so I'm sorry if my questions are obvious or stupid.  :P

How do I use cfimageget.php? And I thought I saw a thread that said you could use an image tag to retrieve an image, but the post was edited and didn't have instructions on how to do that...

Thanks Again!
Cassie
Please post for help to the forum... PM me only if you are sending security related items (passwords, security problems, etc).

Bash

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #543 on: May 22, 2005, 10:43:20 pm »

hi, im using v1.2.2 of cpmfetch and i got this error yesterday:

Error in getImageTouse: Extension (strtolower): .png File:/home/pr/public_html/renders//albums/userpics/10163/thumb_darKnight.png
Error in getImageTouse: Extension (strtolower): .png File:/home/pr/public_html/renders//albums/userpics/10163/thumb_post-10-1114549552.png
Error in getImageTouse: Extension (strtolower): .png File:/home/pr/public_html/renders//albums/userpics/10163/thumb_renderanimechick283iy.png
Error in getImageTouse: Extension (strtolower): .png File:/home/pr/public_html/renders//albums/userpics/10163/thumb_renderanimechick337gv.png

(the thumbnail links show up under the error, but the thumnail images don't show up.)

this morning it started to work again, but now the errors are showing up yet again <_<

btw, this is the code i use:

Code: [Select]
<?php
include "cpmfetch/coppermine.php";
$objCpm = new cpm('/renders');

$objCpm->cpm_viewLastAddedMedia (1,4);

$objCpm->cpm_close();
?>

i read what you said before, on this forum, about this error, but it didn't help :/

oh and also, i've noticed that this error only appears on images which were uploaded after i started using cpmfetch
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 10:58:41 pm by Bash »

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #544 on: May 23, 2005, 06:44:44 am »

Hmmmm,

first, try the latest dev... I fixed something in there before...

also, how close are the paths that it is displaying?  Are the images there?  If not, how close are they?

Did you start doing anything different when the problems started happening?  Uploading differently, started using png, anything?  cpmfetch does not alter AT ALL cpg data or files, so that has to be coincidence (the timing)...

hi, im using v1.2.2 of cpmfetch and i got this error yesterday:

Error in getImageTouse: Extension (strtolower): .png File:/home/pr/public_html/renders//albums/userpics/10163/thumb_darKnight.png
Error in getImageTouse: Extension (strtolower): .png File:/home/pr/public_html/renders//albums/userpics/10163/thumb_post-10-1114549552.png
Error in getImageTouse: Extension (strtolower): .png File:/home/pr/public_html/renders//albums/userpics/10163/thumb_renderanimechick283iy.png
Error in getImageTouse: Extension (strtolower): .png File:/home/pr/public_html/renders//albums/userpics/10163/thumb_renderanimechick337gv.png

(the thumbnail links show up under the error, but the thumnail images don't show up.)

this morning it started to work again, but now the errors are showing up yet again <_<

btw, this is the code i use:

Code: [Select]
<?php
include "cpmfetch/coppermine.php";
$objCpm = new cpm('/renders');

$objCpm->cpm_viewLastAddedMedia (1,4);

$objCpm->cpm_close();
?>

i read what you said before, on this forum, about this error, but it didn't help :/

oh and also, i've noticed that this error only appears on images which were uploaded after i started using cpmfetch

Bash

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #545 on: May 23, 2005, 11:49:45 am »

thanks for the reply. i tried using the latest dev version but the error still shows up.

the paths are correct, i check through FTP, and the images are there. e.g. the thumb_darKnight.png image is in the 'renders//albums/userpics/10163/thumb_darKnight.png'.

i don't think i was doing anything differently, either :/

btw, here's a test page i set up with the code on there: http://www.planetrenders.net/test.php

edit: i think i've found out the problem... everytime i upload using URI/URL the error shows up, but when i use a normal file upload it works.. any ideas on how to fix this?

edit 2: i've solved the problem, lol. i had to edit the coppermine_dao.php file

it was around line 787:
            if (file_exists($this->fullpathtocpm . '/albums/' . $filepath . $fileprefix . $filename)) {

i changed that to this ( i just removed the 'file_exists' bracket):
            if ($this->fullpathtocpm . '/albums/' . $filepath . $fileprefix . $filename) {

i hope what i did was safe, everything works now anyway :). it seems as though with URI/URL uploads, the file doesn't exist all the time :S
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 12:03:28 pm by Bash »

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #546 on: May 23, 2005, 07:05:00 pm »

Well, my excitement that you fixed the problem is only muffled by the fact I have no idea what is going on there...

I spent several minutes looking at your change there and still have no idea what the heck is going on with it...

I am guessing that uri/url uploads end up as a different user or permissions on the file, which could be why the file_exists is not detecting it.  Oh boy.  I tried to replicate that problem here without success. 

??? Can you check the owner/group/permissions on the URL uploaded file versus one that worked before? 

I'd love to know.

Removing that line will have some sideeffects... if for example, there is no thumbnail for a photo and you ask for one, it will possibly give you a bad link... (missing image and stuff).

Thanks in advance for any more info on this, so that I may help others and you!

Its a strange problem...

thanks for the reply. i tried using the latest dev version but the error still shows up.

the paths are correct, i check through FTP, and the images are there. e.g. the thumb_darKnight.png image is in the 'renders//albums/userpics/10163/thumb_darKnight.png'.

i don't think i was doing anything differently, either :/

btw, here's a test page i set up with the code on there: http://www.planetrenders.net/test.php

edit: i think i've found out the problem... everytime i upload using URI/URL the error shows up, but when i use a normal file upload it works.. any ideas on how to fix this?

edit 2: i've solved the problem, lol. i had to edit the coppermine_dao.php file

it was around line 787:
            if (file_exists($this->fullpathtocpm . '/albums/' . $filepath . $fileprefix . $filename)) {

i changed that to this ( i just removed the 'file_exists' bracket):
            if ($this->fullpathtocpm . '/albums/' . $filepath . $fileprefix . $filename) {

i hope what i did was safe, everything works now anyway :). it seems as though with URI/URL uploads, the file doesn't exist all the time :S

Bash

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #547 on: May 23, 2005, 09:21:48 pm »

lol yea, it sure is a strange issue.

i've looked at the permissions and i dont think there's a difference - they're pretty much all set to 666.

it could be something wrong with my coppermine, since i moved host a while ago i had to also backup my coppermine with all the files and moved it to the new host.. maybe something happened from that  :-\\

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #548 on: May 23, 2005, 10:19:12 pm »

Well, thanks for checking... Its a strange problem, and the only thing I can think of is that it can't see it (the PHP process) if its a different permissions.

I don't know what to try... if anyone has any ideas, or can replicate the problem... let me know

lol yea, it sure is a strange issue.

i've looked at the permissions and i dont think there's a difference - they're pretty much all set to 666.

it could be something wrong with my coppermine, since i moved host a while ago i had to also backup my coppermine with all the files and moved it to the new host.. maybe something happened from that  :-\\

derdaniel

• Coppermine newbie
maths error on your website ;o)
« Reply #549 on: May 25, 2005, 10:30:26 am »

you wrote: "This one of many calls you can make to the program. This displays 6 random images in 3 rows x 3 column"

but... 3x3 is 9 ;-)

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
Re: maths error on your website ;o)
« Reply #550 on: May 25, 2005, 07:46:33 pm »

you wrote: "This one of many calls you can make to the program. This displays 6 random images in 3 rows x 3 column"

but... 3x3 is 9 ;-)

lol, apparently my english is not very good either!  :D

There is tons that the program will do, that I am just not motivated enough to promote.  Thanks for pointing that out... I will search the site and correct it - someday :)

betan

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #551 on: May 29, 2005, 07:16:19 pm »

hello there, VUUD!

im done playing with cfimageget and becoming ambitious. I'm trying to make my own costum made page, I cleaned your cftest page and trying to built around it. there are some limitations though there is no object command to unlock or lock back my private albums. the cftest only works with public album. will you be so kind to give me the exact code that i can copy and paste to the page im building?
i tried this but with no luck.

$objCpm->cpm_unlockPrivate(true);

would be a good idea to have a page template comes in a package. :)

thanks so much.

betan

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #552 on: May 29, 2005, 08:24:02 pm »

Not sure where to start here...

1)  cfimageget IS NOT cftest.php... they use two completely different ways:  This is the writeup on that
http://www.fistfullofcode.com/projects/copperminefetch/docs/readme.html#cpmfetchvscfimageget

If you are making a page on the same site that has your gallery, do not use cfimageget - use the normal object and methods.

2) There are object commands to lock and unlock - they can be used in both cfimageget and cpmfetch methods
http://www.fistfullofcode.com/projects/copperminefetch/docs/functions.html#cpm_unlockPrivate

hello there, VUUD!

im done playing with cfimageget and becoming ambitious. I'm trying to make my own costum made page, I cleaned your cftest page and trying to built around it. there are some limitations though there is no object command to unlock or lock back my private albums. the cftest only works with public album. will you be so kind to give me the exact code that i can copy and paste to the page im building?
i tried this but with no luck.

would be a good idea to have a page template comes in a package. :)

thanks so much.

betan

betan

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #553 on: May 29, 2005, 09:04:46 pm »

im sorry for not being clear.

first off: thank you for being patience!!!
second: i dont know anything about php codes, im just winging it. how i do is like hit and miss and most of the time misses.  ;D

here is the page that im experimenting on. the picture on the top page  i use imageget and the thumbnails at the bottom page i use object fetch.

my problem in object fetch iis that i can only fetch images from my public albums. i want to fetch images from my private albums as well but i cant make it work. that is a good thing about imageget everything is there.

i did try to include this function on my comand line,

but it did not work.

what i need is if you can provide me the complete syntax to unlock my private albums. i did try to figure it out by myself thru your documentations but still didn't have any luck.  sorry for being so dense. :D

again thank you,

betan

« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 09:55:17 pm by betan »

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #554 on: May 29, 2005, 09:49:36 pm »

You have to add that command to cfimageget.php...  Best part is right after where it creates the object...  Or at least before it makes a call.

Not on the command line...

If you are using the normal fetch on the bottom, you could just use that part on the top.

im sorry for not being clear.

first off: thank you for being patience!!!
second: i dont know anything about php codes, im just winging it. how i do is like hit and miss and most of the time misses.  ;D

here is the page that im experimenting on. the picture on the top page  i use imageget and the thumbnails at the bottom page i use object fetch.

my problem in object fetch iis that i can only fetch images from my public albums. i want to fetch images from my private albums as well but i cant make it work. that is a good thing about imageget everything is there.

i did try to include this function on my comand line,

but it did not work.

what i need is if you can provide me the complete syntax to unlock my private albums. i did try to figure it out by myself thru your documentations but still didn't have any luck.  sorry for being so dense. :D

again thank you,

betan

betan

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #555 on: May 29, 2005, 09:54:15 pm »

thank you,

i will keep on testing...

betan

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
Dev version 1.3.5 is out
« Reply #556 on: June 01, 2005, 12:22:15 am »

--------------------------------------------------------------
This will get you:
* Emails for new releases and development releases
* Notifications of new tutorials and online help
* Security notification (if we ever have one)
* Email addresses held closely - no spam, not shared
----------------------------------------------------------------

* * * Development release 1.3.5 is ONLINE now * * *
( get it at http://cpmfetch.fistfullofcode.com )

I have posted a new development release online.  Updating to this is purely up to you... 
If there is something you like here, go ahead.  If not stick with what you have.  If you think
you have a bug now, upgrade to this before reporting it

Minor changes, and some fixes.   There is a bunch of nifty stuff coming soon, but I have not
had as much time as I would like to get it done.   Some pretty cool stuff.

Here is what is new:

* Fixed link in documentation to PHP site (thx GauGau)
* Changed order of IMG tag and added space before end of tag (thx GauGau)
* Coppermine_dao now retrieves photos width and height from the database
* New ALT and SUBTITLE placeholders (height and width of full size image)
* IMG tag alterations
* Photo height and width retrieved

CFRSSGET CHANGES
===================================
Did some more development on this... it will now accept a cmd= parameter
on the url that defines its behavior.  You call it for the following methods, or if you are
coding to the spec, call those functions

CFRSSGET: AddRandomMedia
This can be called with the URL parameter cmd=random

CFRSSGET: AddTopRatedMedia
This can be called with the URL parameter cmd=toprated

CFRSSGET: AddMostViewedMedia
This can be called with the URL parameter cmd=mostviewed

CFRSSGET: AddLastAddedMedia
While not a new function, this can be called with the URL parameter cmd=mostviewed
It is also the default.  It was also switched to use a different internal function.

Fixed link in documentation to PHP site (thx GauGau)
Just a link to a mirror instead of real PHP.NET site. 

Changed order of IMG tag and added space before end of tag (thx GauGau)
Inserted extra space between last attribute and end of image tag.  Also moved
the src attribute up to the

Coppermine_dao now retrieves photos width and height from the database
For most calls, pHeight and pWidth are returned.

New ALT and SUBTITLE placeholders
%x = shows the photos width of image as stored on server
%y = shows the photos height of image as stored on server

A WORD ABOUT DEV RELEASES
====================================
Typically development releases are done in software when new features are added... New features sometimes
introduce bugs (software errors) that the testing we do here misses.  If this happens, it is usually something
strange.  The dev releases here are generally very stable.  Changes sometimes even make the program
more stable, which adding new features.

Overall, In most circumstances, if your random thumbnail is not working for a few minutes when you upgrade
you are going to be okay.  If a dev release has something you like, give it a try.  I always have all the older versions up
for download so you can go back if it breaks.

If you do have a problem, PLEASE let me know.  That way I can fix it.  If I don't know about it, it could be
a long time before it gets fixed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this email will come through... its the first one, so someone give me a heads up if its all amiss.

Thanks!

Bill@fistfullofcode.com

snork13

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Internet! Is that thing still around?
    • Gallery
« Reply #557 on: June 01, 2005, 12:33:46 am »

@vuud

You Rock! Great News. Thanks for all the hard work! I'll give it a try tonight.

snork13

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #558 on: June 01, 2005, 12:47:31 am »

Yeah, I know...

BTW, if you still have that close() removed from your forum template, you should be able to add it back in.  That problem was fixed a few dev versions ago.

@vuud

You Rock! Great News. Thanks for all the hard work! I'll give it a try tonight.

snork13

bjorn666

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #559 on: June 02, 2005, 11:58:30 am »

Hi all, im new her end ave read all the post but not get my answer:(
I wanna have tha latest up load images in a plain html.... is it poseble?

Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 34   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.