Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some basic things to help  (Read 2919 times)

Sebastian Bach

• Coppermine newbie
Some basic things to help
« on: June 23, 2005, 06:37:10 am »

I strongly recommend a local utility that can get some accurate information to the server. What the hell am I talking about? Now Coppermine gets the file dates from the files on the server, which are wrong because the ftp transfer changes the dates. It'd be very useful if there was a executable one could run on their local computer which would create SQL data of all the correct dates, and maybe even let the user look at and modify some of the dates (that isn't critical). The user could then upload the data through coppermine. Right now I'm thinking about setting up a local MySQL server  ::) and then transferring all the data over.

The next feature I recommend would be the option to read thumbnails (for videos) from a folder. One could have a folder on the database with thumbnails of their videos called video19.jpg which corresponds to video19.mpg this way you don't need to worry about the server's capabilities.

Another useful ability would be to set the gallery link photo (now its random). Why this would be random I don't understand.

Nibbler

Re: Some basic things to help
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 07:30:48 pm »

Please post one request per thread, that way we can keep track of the requests more easily.

The file dates are the date the pics were added to the coppermine database, it doesn't read the dates from the filesystem. You can modify the ctime field in the database, but I can't guarantee that will work for all cases.

I expect Coppermine could be modded to look to a specific folder for thumbnails, but you could have files named video19.mpg being different videos in different folders and there would be no way to specify a unique thumbnail for each one using that method.

I don't know what you mean by 'gallery link photo'. Most thumbs that you can't assign manually are the last added pic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.