Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cpg wont let me delete an album--HELP  (Read 3461 times)

ebonyhunter

• Coppermine novice
cpg wont let me delete an album--HELP
« on: June 19, 2005, 11:02:29 pm »

I named an album....batch-added a group of pics....then changed the name of the album and added some more pics.  Now it only shows half of the pics and not the first ones added.  When I try to delete the album and start over, I get this message:

"Directory 'albums/Layla-7 mos/' is not writable, files can't be deleted"

How can I fix this?  My gallery is all screwed up.

And I think I screwed it up more by removing the files from the ftp directory to see if that would work.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 03:14:23 pm by GauGau »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: cpg wont let me delete an album--HELP
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 12:07:10 am »

That's to be expected when you rename the directory after you added pictures to your gallery via batch add.  Coppermine is looking for pictures in an album that doesn't exist.  You can't rename directories without causing problems.  You have to use phpmyadmin to change all instances of the old directory to the new directory in the cpg133_pictures table.  You also have to remove the entries in the pictures table that you deleted from the server.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

ebonyhunter

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 12:46:07 am »

Is there a way to just delete this album easily?  Or perhaps just re-upload them using the old directory name, etc.?  What I'm thinking is that....instead of doing all that in phpmyadmin....which I have no experience working in....just getting rid of the album altogether and re-loading it fresh into a new album.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 12:51:21 am by ebonyhunter »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 01:13:08 am »

You still have to fix Coppermine - that means using phpmyadmin.  If you change the directory name back, you'll still have images that can't be found.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

ebonyhunter

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 01:20:43 am »

Okay.  Could you explain how please?  I am unfamilar with phpmyadmin.  I have been looking at the picture table file and I see that each picture file is identified.  If I delete the picture files there will that solve the problem?  And then can I delete the album itself somewhere?

ebonyhunter

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 01:53:58 am »

In case anyone makes the same mistake I did (see above regarding changing album names on files "batch-added") and reads this later....I'll answer my own questions simply.

1. Go to your phpmyadmin
2. Go to cpg pictures link
3. Locate the file/image names you want to remove, check them and hit delete
4. Return to your CPG gallery and remove the bad album with the 'Edit" tool or the "Album Manager" tool
5. Now make a fresh album and re-upload your pics with "batch-add" function

6. And don't change the name of albums where files have been batch-added in the future.

Chickenkicker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 05:22:35 pm »

In case anyone makes the same mistake I did (see above regarding changing album names on files "batch-added") and reads this later....I'll answer my own questions simply.

1. Go to your phpmyadmin
2. Go to cpg pictures link
3. Locate the file/image names you want to remove, check them and hit delete
4. Return to your CPG gallery and remove the bad album with the 'Edit" tool or the "Album Manager" tool
5. Now make a fresh album and re-upload your pics with "batch-add" function

6. And don't change the name of albums where files have been batch-added in the future.

Having the same problem, my issue is NOT solved, due to noobizms...

1 Okay are you talking admin tools? I am not sure what you mean here with phpmyadmin?
2 I have not been able to find phpmyadmin I suppose once I find that the rest will fall into place...

I have attempted to edit/delete each indvidual picture but continue to get the same error, I have attempted to delete the album, no results same error.
I cannot locate the area "phpmyadmin" where is the pictures link? Damn this is frustrating this phpmyadmin is this a php file? I found admin.php but
this is not the file.. I'm lost and still need assistance...help..hehe

Hey I figured it out.. Thanks

IT IS SOLVED...... Whew!!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 05:19:18 am by Chickenkicker »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.