Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few annoying problems Please help?  (Read 4518 times)

bemmo

• Coppermine newbie
A few annoying problems Please help?
« on: June 17, 2005, 08:52:20 pm »

I'm back again and need a bit more help.

My gallery has been running nicely the past month. Now I have a few things I need to sort out to expand the gallwery to what I want.

I'm using the theme Project vii. The only problem with it are the text areas describing the radio buttons and dialogues, such as the results of uploads, etc. The background of the box is black, and so is the text, apparently, because the only way I can read it is to higlight it with my cursor to make it visible.

I suppose the answer is in the FAQ, but damned if I can find it. can anyone explain to me how/where to change the text color to white?

Secondly I'm having problems with allowed file types. I can upload JPG files fine, and with the included (I thought) GD2 on my server thought I could also upload GIF files.

I also cannot upload files other than txt. I have allowed file types set to "txt/html/htm", but I cannot upload anything but text or get the dialogue "upload failed - no allowable file types". How can this be when I have txt/html/htm?

Any help here please? Thanks in advance ....

Bruce

bemmo

• Coppermine newbie
Re: A few annoying problems Please help?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 09:20:17 am »

*bump*

Nobody has any ideas?

Now another problem - can't get out of admin mode to user mode. Click on user mode, says leaving yuser mode, and right back to admin mode!

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 01:38:50 pm »

You know our policy is one question per thread.  Please respect it in the future.

1: That is a theme question - you need to change text colors in your style.css.  You have to view the source of your html page, find the class the text is in, then change that in your style.css.

2: GD 2.0.28 has GIF support, Coppermine does not.  Search the boards for my mod and to read all about it.

3: Search for allowed file types.

4: Cookies?  And why do you want to get out of admin mode anyway?  There's no reason to do that - create a test user if you want to see how the gallery looks to your members.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

bemmo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 04:22:13 pm »

You know our policy is one question per thread.  Please respect it in the future.

Yes - i forgot. Senior moment. Sorry.
1: That is a theme question - you need to change text colors in your style.css.  You have to view the source of your html page, find the class the text is in, then change that in your style.css.

Okay thanks - I'll look for that.
2: GD 2.0.28 has GIF support, Coppermine does not.  Search the boards for my mod and to read all about it.
Okay, thanks again. Hint what to search for?
3: Search for allowed file types.

This one I think I fixed. We'll see:)
4: Cookies?  And why do you want to get out of admin mode anyway?  There's no reason to do that - create a test user if you want to see how the gallery looks to your members.

Don't want to get rid of it ... it used to work so i could see how everything looked - now it doesn't. Just curious that nobody else sees the admin panel.

Thanks again.

EDIT LATER>>>>

Well I took a look at the style sheet for project vii theme and needless to say it is so far over my head it's pointless. I am unable to make head nor hair out of which part of this refers to the areas that are all black -which I don't even know the names of anyway. It's also obvious I'm not gonna get any help here, so .... I guess I'll just have to deal with it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 07:31:10 pm by bemmo »

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 07:36:51 pm »

If you play by the rules and post a new thread in the themes section and ask your question then I'm sure someone will help you.

bemmo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 02:59:19 am »

If you play by the rules and post a new thread in the themes section and ask your question then I'm sure someone will help you.

Excuse me for being...
1. a noob
2. for having absolutely no clue what you guys are talking about 99% of the time
3. having no idea what certain php things are called - thereby rendering comments to search meaningless
4. expecting at least a hint where to look for these things.

You guys answer questions as if everyone is as familiar with php, etc. as you are. Surprise ... not all of us are. But nevermind.....

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 07:03:20 am »

1) Everybody's a noob at something
2) Ignorance only becomes stupidity once you've been pointed in the right direction and choose to not follow it.
3) If you can use google, you can use the forum's search.
4) Nibbler did, had you just typed "GIF SUPPORT" in the search bar you would have found this link http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=9407.0

bemmo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 12:35:58 am »

1) Everybody's a noob at something
2) Ignorance only becomes stupidity once you've been pointed in the right direction and choose to not follow it.
3) If you can use google, you can use the forum's search.
4) Nibbler did, had you just typed "GIF SUPPORT" in the search bar you would have found this link http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=9407.0

1. some more than others. and some with aging brains that don't understand like they used to.
2. I don't believe I was pointed in ANY direction. If you are referring to the statement I should check the theme.php, I did so. I don't understand it - I am not a programmer.
3. not entirely true. unless one is well versed in boolean searches, finding things on ANY search engine - especially when one is not sure what they are searching for - is problematic.
4. that link does not in the least help someone unfamiliar with programming. I don't have the slightest idea what to do with that. leaving references to arcane information is not helpful to a person with no background in programming.

But like I said .... never mind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.