Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few permissions questions....  (Read 3461 times)

Brucha

• Coppermine newbie
  • Nobody suspects the butterfly.
A few permissions questions....
« on: June 17, 2005, 05:43:17 am »

(1)  When logged in as an admin, you can't edit your own profile, except via the 'My profile' link.  That's normally just fine, because as admin you can view and change anything.

Anything, that is, except your username. But if you create another administrator, and log in as that, you can hit the edit button and change the username of the original administrator. 

So, "Admin#2" can edit the profile of "Admin#1", and "Admin#1" can edit the profile of "Admin#2" -- but neither of them can edit their own. 

It's a little odd, I think.  Is there anything I can do to change that and allow admins to click the edit button for themselves? Or would that cause a crash or something?

(2)  Regarding categories -- Say I create albums that have limited viewing membership, and place them within a category.  If I'm not logged in as one of those "limited viewers", or not logged in at all,  of course I can't see those albums.  However, the category itself is still visible, even if everything in it isn't.

Is there any mod that makes the category "invisible" from the front page if everything in it is?

Also, setting permissions via the category would be a great thing.  That is, give the category limited viewing membership, and all albums within it automatically get that same limited viewing.

Thanks in advance!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: A few permissions questions....
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 07:31:55 am »

1) This is a safety precaution that was deliberately built into coppermine to avoid newbie users to delete their own admin account or make their own admin account a member account only. As you have already found out how to edit your admin account (as a workaround) using another admin account, there's little pont in modifying the code to let you edit your own admin account.

2) Such a mod doesn't exist. Permissions by category are being discussed for future versions of coppermine though.

3) We have a "one question per thread" policy you agreed to respect when signing up on this forum.

Brucha

• Coppermine newbie
  • Nobody suspects the butterfly.
Re: A few permissions questions....
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 06:49:45 pm »

Re (1) & (2) - Thanks.  I'll look forward to the future version -- in the meanwhile I'll probably not use categories that often. No problem. :)

Re (3) - Sorry.  I read the policy really quickly, I'm afraid.  I did search for a forum FAQ or TOS or "read before posting", but couldn't find one.  I do apologize...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.