Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: photos aer too big!  (Read 3062 times)

ddelapasse

• Coppermine newbie
photos aer too big!
« on: June 14, 2005, 05:34:25 pm »

Hi,

I'm brand new to coppermine and need some help!  I crop my photos to 4"x6" using photoshop before I upload them, but when you click the intermediate photo the original comes up HUGE in it's own window which is REALLY annoying.  I saw that I could disable the intermediate photos, but mine are so huge that I don't like that option.  Can I control the size of my photos somehow?  I'd love them to show up as 4x6's in the same window being used for the intermediate photos.  I want the high quality ones so that my friends can easily download them.

thanks!
Deanna

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: photos aer too big!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 06:59:28 pm »

Have you read the documentation yet?

You can control the size of intermediate images in the config settings.  Full size images appear in a pop up window.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

ddelapasse

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 07:33:06 pm »

YES!  I have searched the docs with not much luck.  I think you missed my question.

If someone can just tell me why when I double-click the photos on my hard drive they popup as 4"x6" photos in my Internet Explorer, but when Coppermine shows them they are HUGE (bigger than my computer screen).  Is there some way to control that?  I want the full-size 4"x6" photo to show up in the slide show (I have turned off the intermediates), but I want them to be the right size.  The properties of the images say (1200x1800 and 300dpi)  which should be 4"x6" -- shouldn't it???

thanks for trying,
Deanna

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 07:43:07 pm »

Maybe IE zooms out so the pic fits in the window. Coppermine shows them the size they are. If you want your pics to be smaller then make them smaller before you upload. 1200x1800 is certainly bigger than my screen.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 08:58:02 am »

on the internet, you usually don't talk about pic sizes in terms of inches or centimeters, but pixels, so 4'' x 6'' doesn't mean very much. 300 dpi is too much for screens - if you don't need this for print I suggest you use 72 to 96 dpi (Windows vs. Mac). I agree with Nibbler: 1200 x 1800 pixels is definitely too much in most cases and a waste of resources.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.