Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drop Down Menus.  (Read 4798 times)

nytemare

• Coppermine novice
Drop Down Menus.
« on: May 28, 2005, 08:12:17 pm »

Greetings once again everyone. I'm having a dilemme right now, im planning to add a few more pages to my website and that would mean more links in my menu. But by doing that the menu is going to look very messy  so i was wondering if anyone knew of any way i could make drop down menus instead so i can put certain links under a certain drop down thingy, if anyone knows of any themes that is using drop down menus already please do inform me so i can learn from it.

Just to make things clear i'm talking about dhtml type of menus if you get my drift.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Drop Down Menus.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 12:11:14 pm »

nytemare

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 01:59:38 am »

i tried these dhtml scripts.. but i still dont get it.

the main menu links in coppermine are all arranged in "theme.php" how are we supposed to run javascripts and etc from there. we can't use the template file because it doesn't recognize stuff like <-- FAQ blabla --> which is being used in the links in theme.php

does anyone have an actual site with a dhtml drop down menu working? so i can learn from it instead.

nytemare

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 02:07:39 am »

Does anyone possibly know of a dhtml drop down menu script that would work inside theme.php? .. I realise that i can just use template.html and replace {MAIN_MENU} and directly link to the rest of the pages but i don't want to do to do that as the site would lose certain functions such as showing only certain links to non-registered users and stuff like that.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 08:50:26 am »

should be pretty easy to come up with a dhtml menu within theme.php, just edit the section that comes after
Code: [Select]
// HTML template for main menuat the very start.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.