Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted" continues  (Read 4271 times)

hierogrammate

• Coppermine newbie

Hi:

I am new to Coppermine, and yesterday I came accross this error during my first batch upload:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 6400 bytes) in /home/virtual/site164/fst/var/www/html/cpg133/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 211

I found the thread that deals with this issue in the forum, and proceeded to work on the first alternative. My web host (TeraByte) was kind enough to bump my memory_limit to 16MB and execution time to 80secs instead of 60secs.

Still, the exact problem persists (the 8M limit error message).

I used the PHP info tool in Coppermine's control panel, and it is reporting that the memory_limit is 8M, which can't  be true since I DID see that the change was made from 8M to 16M in the php.ini file. I have no idea why Coppermine still "sees" php.ini with the same limits. It makes no sense to me. Could it be some kind of cache thing?  ???

I'd appreciate any insights you may have on ths issue.

Regards,

Edwin
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 02:06:15 pm by Abbas Ali »

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems

I have no idea why Coppermine still "sees" php.ini with the same limits. It makes no sense to me. Could it be some kind of cache thing? ???

Coppermine doesn't read php.ini directly. It is your webserver which reads php.ini

For changes in php.ini to take effect, it is necessary to restart your webserver. Did your webhost restarted the web server after modifying php.ini?
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

hierogrammate

• Coppermine newbie

Coppermine doesn't read php.ini directly. It is your webserver which reads php.ini

Thanks for the lesson :).... I'm still in diapers regarding PHP and MySQL and how they work, so it's nice to learn new stuff about it  ;D

For changes in php.ini to take effect, it is necessary to restart your webserver. Did your webhost restarted the web server after modifying php.ini?

:-[ Ouch... I forgot to add that to my query... maybe because I thought it would be like common sense to them to do...

Still, I have an update on the situaton: when I told TeraByte about the continuing problem, this is what they replied:

I have modified one of the server-wide php configuration files to have 13M for
php memory_limit, please let me know if this seems to be working for your site.

And work it did... though I must say I'm slightly clueless about how that "server-wide" thing worked, when the first one didn't... maybe they restarted the server?? Did the change had to be done for *everyone*, not just me?  ???  (It is a shared hosting account, BTW.)

Thanks for your reply Ali...  :)

Ed.

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems

Did the change had to be done for *everyone*, not just me?  Huh  (It is a shared hosting account, BTW.)

If your webhost has changed the php.ini then the changes will affect all the users.

Marking the thread as solved.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.