Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Water mark and banner ads  (Read 4755 times)

augustin

• Coppermine novice
Water mark and banner ads
« on: June 11, 2005, 10:11:43 pm »

I see the watermark ida has been truned down...not sure why...but I think it should be put into the script...with so many people wanting it ...makes sense to have it.  and also a banner manager  should be included. Also I think that themes or the base of cpg should be html templates for each php file. WOuld be more customizable then
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 08:34:31 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Water mark and banner ads
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 08:34:17 am »

1) We have a "one issue per thread" policy on this forum you agreed to respect when signing up. Especially helpfull on the "feature requests" sub-board. Marking as "Invalid" therefor.
2) "On-the-fly" watermarking brings up a lot of issues and eats away huge resources, we have explained in the past why it has been turned down to include watermarking into the core.
3) Not sure what you mean with a "banner manager". However, in cpg1.4.x, there will be a custom header and footer include you could use for such a purpose, if a dynamic banner rotator script is what you're up to
4) PHP parsing has been discussed already for the template.html files in detail, I won't repeat this discussion. However, the theming has been changed very much for cpg1.4.x already, you might want to review it before suggesting any changes.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.