Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Questions re Coppermine  (Read 6957 times)

steviecee

• Coppermine newbie
2 Questions re Coppermine
« on: June 08, 2005, 11:22:45 am »

I'm thinking of getting coppermine to help with a site I'm working on, however before I take the plunge there are a couple of points I'd like to clarify.

The website I am working on has a searchable MySQL database, which is used to provide users with relevent properties for Film and TV locations.  Once a user searches for say bars in Leeds, I want to be able to display images relating to the results.  You can see what I meen by looking at the loaction search page at www.yorkshirelocations.co.uk as I have an HTML mockup there.

I want to know if Coppermine will be able to serve the images relating to the search results from the database?  It also needs to look like the mockup I have mentioned above, where an initial search brings up 3 results at a time, each displaying 3 pictures, if you then select one of those pictures you get to see 9 of that property and finally if you selct one of those you get a larger view.

Any help would be hugely appreciated as I am stuck!!
Cheers
Steve

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

steviecee

• Coppermine newbie
Re: 2 Questions re Coppermine
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 12:51:30 pm »

Hi, thanks for the reply, unfortunately the links don't really help me. is the system compatible with MySQL. For example if i stored a location in MySQL with a location ID and had images stored in coppermine with the same ID could i search MySQL for a location and bring up the pictures from coppermine with the same ID?
Cheers ( i need to be sure it will work before i buy or my boss will not be happy!!!))
Steve

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 01:28:06 pm »

Why don't you download a copy and try it?

What you are looking for can be done by settting decent titles/descriptions/keywords to the pictures.

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 02:10:57 pm »

I guess this is what you want.

You already have a mysql database on which you want to perform search. The search results will give you some sort of id and then by this id you want a coppermine (which uses some other database) picture to be shown.

If this is what you want then there is possibility. For the solution to work the id retrieved after search should be a valid pid of one of the files of coppermine.

After the search suppose you get a id $id. Then you can build a URL like http://cpgsite/displayimage.php?pos=$id  On clicking this link you will be taken to the respective picture.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 12:28:23 am »

just try it, coppermine is free, no need to buy anything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.