Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image Magick Permissions  (Read 9698 times)

roddefig

• Coppermine newbie
Image Magick Permissions
« on: June 07, 2005, 05:55:33 am »

I am having lots of trouble getting coppermine to work with Image Magick. The install script says that, "The installer found the ImageMagick 'convert' program in '/usr/local/bin/im/', however it can't be executed by the script." This directory and all files are owned by apache, has 755 permissions, and I ran 'make check' with Image Magick and it verified that I had a clean install of Image Magick. I have tried all sorts of things such as making a new director for IM, making all the IM binaries 777, and even moving them into the coppermine directory to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Image Magick Permissions
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 08:35:00 am »

why not use GD instead of ImageMagick, it comes with regular PHP distributions by default?

roddefig

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 02:14:52 pm »

I have an older version of PHP (4.1) so I'll upgrade and give it a try. Thanks for your help!

liberte

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 12:45:51 am »

Hi
I think GD is not so perfectly performing as Imagemagick
below was my problem, sorry to share such same info at different topics of forum but i really liked this solution too much.

i had many similar problems and plugin installs and third party linux installation problems,
i changed my server to windows and installed xampps on that such problems are out of date for me.
try this solution,
no user rights problems no third party plugin problems no trying to look updates of every plugin and after that trying to learn if this new plugin is suitable and stable with your other softwares etc etc etc

Also linux and W2003 web or w2003 server edition do not have performance differences.

I have to thank the person of the support of http://www.generaldots.com
he offered this solution to me after i could not setup anything on the server for a week!!!

-----
After 9 days sending from this message i see solution on Linux and mac computers
Nibbler's solution finishes this problem
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=22731
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 06:07:02 pm by liberte »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 01:38:28 pm »

cpg1.3.x is outdated and goes unsupported. The cpg1.3.x support board is only meant as a reference. Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.