Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Version number stayed the same after update  (Read 3501 times)

hornakapopolis

• Coppermine newbie
    • hornakapopolis.com
Version number stayed the same after update
« on: June 06, 2005, 11:00:42 pm »

I have uploaded the 1.3.3 files twice and ran the updatedb.php. When I go into my config menu, my header still reads Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.3.2, so I have a few questions.

1. Should I be terribly concerned? My second upload of files was after a new download, so I know they're there. Is this a major sign that something went wrong and that I missed it.

2. Where is the current version information stored? I didn't have any luck finding it in the database. In config.php, I found COPPERMINE_VERSION, but not being very well-versed in this, I didn't have much luck finding where that was defined.

3. Is the configuration page the only place the version information is stored? If not, where is it additionally located and does it pull the info from the same source?

I'd appreciate any help anyone could give on this. I have another gallery that I want to update, but I'd like to be sure I'm not doing something wrong... or at least be able to to it wrong again and then fix it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 02:52:44 am by kegobeer »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Version number stayed the same after update
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 11:16:25 pm »

There is no updatedb.php file.  There is an update.php file.  Where did you get 1.3.3?

You can run versioncheck.php to see what your versions are.

Make sure you upload all of the files, overwriting everything except config.inc.php, anycontent.php, and your albums directory.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

hornakapopolis

• Coppermine newbie
    • hornakapopolis.com
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 12:58:10 am »

You're right... I typed the wrong name. I downloaded from here, but the problem was my init.inc file. I had that on my list as one to not upload which affected the version number. Everything else was all right.

Thanks for the help and the quick response. It's much appreciated!

(Should I edit my title to mark it resolved or will some mark it for the column in the topic list? Never used this forum type before.)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 06:46:46 am »

thanks for returning and posting your solution. There's no need to edit anything to mark this thread as solved, doing what you did (replying, saying the thread is solved) is all that users have to do. A moderator (in your case: kegobeer) will then mark the thread as solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.