Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to put code in upload.php to stop upload?  (Read 5145 times)

the_todd

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • JoomBla!
Where to put code in upload.php to stop upload?
« on: June 05, 2005, 11:33:30 pm »

Where exactly does coppermine initially upload the files after you first submit them in upload.php? I want to put some code in to not upload and report an error if the filetype matches that I have diasabled in a group. I can currently report an error once a file has been uploaded already and disallow the file, but I wan't it to do this before the file uploads.

Thanks,
Todd

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Where to put code in upload.php to stop upload?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 12:13:59 am »

the files that are being uploaded by http are stored in http:// yoursite.tld/yourCoppermineFolder/albums/userpics/xxxxx/, where xxxxx is 10000 plus user id.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 06:34:04 am by GauGau »

the_todd

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • JoomBla!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 12:20:19 am »

I meant in the PHP code, I think I initially explained it weird. In what php file and where does it use $CONFIG['allowed_file_extensions'] to stop files that aren't allowed from being uploaded, i'm having a hard time finding things
Todd

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 06:38:18 am »

db_input.php, image_processor.php, xp_publish.php, include/media.functions.inc.php

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 09:27:53 pm »

All files go through the add_picture() function in picmgmnt.inc.php, the extension checking is actually done by is_known_filetype(), which is defined in media.functions.inc.php. It will return false if you give it a file with an extension that is not both a) in the filetypes table, and b) allowed by the config setting.

the_todd

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • JoomBla!
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 04:25:58 am »

Thanks Nibbler, still though, I cannot find anywhere that I could put code to check the filetype before it uploads the file. Even if you comment out the return in is_known_filetype() it still will upload the file then give you the error.
Code: [Select]
function is_known_filetype($file)
{
   //  return is_image($file) || is_movie($file) || is_audio($file) || is_document($file);  -this still uploads the file then returns error
}

I am looking to report the error before the file uploads. Where does the script go to as soon as you click the first "submit" button. I am thinking to maybe modify the 'http post vars' before it sends them out. I already have the script set up well to report an error of invalid filetype after its uploaded, but I want to do it before.

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 11:49:30 am »

PHP can't know anything about the file until it is actually uploaded. If you want to do anything before upload it would need to be client side ie. javascript.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.