Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Screwed everything up and can't access anything with fields  (Read 4670 times)

bclaussen

• Coppermine newbie

I accidently changed width of the table for file display (pixels or %) to 1000% instead of 100% and now when I log in there, all the pictures are missing and the field is gone so I can't change it back.  what do I do?  I don't want to uninstall and reinstall because I have several users and pictures loaded.

www.spooledturbos.com/coppermine

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
Re: Screwed everything up and can't access anything with fields
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 10:15:37 am »

Download a fresh copy of coppermine (version should be same as you are currently using). Replace the scripts which you have modified with the new ones. And i guess this will solve your problem.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

bclaussen

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 10:26:33 am »

That's what I have tried to do, unfortunatly, I can't figure out what script I changed by changing that field.  I'm not very literate with this stuff yet.  I work at Godaddy and i'm trying to mess with this stuff enough I can better at customer support

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 10:56:59 am »

did you change a setting in coppermine's config or a file? If you changed it in config and can't access it anymore, use a tool like phpMyAdmin to directly access your database, browse coppermine's config table and switch back the 1000% setting to 100%

bclaussen

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 11:02:00 am »

Ok, now it's really messed up.  After putting the coppermine directory from the FTP:// to my desktop, I uninstalled and reinstalled coppermine.  Then, when I couldn't figure out the problem, I changed the name of coppermine to newcoppermine and reloaded the old file from my desktop.  Now it says that there are no images to display and no members.  The albums file still contains all the images though.

bclaussen

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 11:03:05 am »

I have no idea what you just said..... I'm very very sorry for all the trouble

bclaussen

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 11:29:32 am »

Ok, all is fixed except the registered people are nolonger registered and their pictures are not showing up.  I have all their pictures where they are supposed to be, but they aren't showing up and the albums are all gone.  I have everything that was on there saved on my desktop.  What do I need to put back to make all the registered people registered again and all their pics show up in the right locations?

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 11:46:28 am »

The information regarding users, picutres and albums are stored in database. You need to restore your database to the old one which had these information. But i guess you don't know how to do that. Search the forums for "restore database" .
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.