Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Login, tables and menu?  (Read 3609 times)

rbaby

• Coppermine newbie
Login, tables and menu?
« on: June 07, 2005, 04:51:12 pm »

Hey guys,

I want the login page to always be universal, I've left space to the left nav for the login to appear but I cannot seem to figure out how to pull the login form properly.  I'm using the Classic theme so I'm editing that template...but it's an html, I'm sure if I can get it to a PHP it would work but then I wouldn't know how to set the index or initial load to that php.  Any help?

Also, because the login will be universal and always present, I want to get rid of the LOGIN link under the Main Menu but for some reason I cannot seem to find that either--how do I accomplish this? 

Also, my content area is suppose to be limited to 525 pixels, but for some reason, the Login and the Search boxes that load up are ALL too wide, how do I limit this?  Everytime I go to the login.php or search.php it only has the TD's, not the tables they reside in, any insight would be much appreciated!

Nibbler

Re: Login, tables and menu?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 04:56:07 pm »

You can put the login form in normal html, just copy it from the login page you get when you click login. Changing template.html to .php would accomplish nothing. The login link can be commented out of your theme.php, and tables are created using the starttable and endtable functions of the theme.

Please respect the one question per thread policy.

rbaby

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 05:05:06 pm »

Sorry Nibbler, first time on the boards, thanks!  I tried to cut and paste the whole login.php file into the cell I wanted it on and it doesn't work :(...I also just tried cutting and pasting only the form, and that doesn't work either...what am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 05:11:37 pm by rbaby »

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 05:14:37 pm »

Copy the actual html output, not the php code. Posting a link might help.

rbaby

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 05:35:24 pm »

Hi Nibbler,

I got it to work based on what you've said, however when I try to log on, it says welcome, and then I click continue and it gives me a $referer error:

http://ivd2.rtupaz.com/

<!--error
Not Found
The requested URL /coppermine/$referer was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
--!>

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 05:47:37 pm »

Then find
Code: [Select]
action="login.php?referer=$referer"
in your code and take the $referer off

Code: [Select]
action="login.php"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 20 queries.