Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: U.S. Patent No. 6,895,557 entitled Web-based Media Submission Tool  (Read 4633 times)

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl

I came across this article and i am curious if this is going to affect coppermine in any way. It's about a patent being given to AdMission on a Web-based Media Submission tool concept.

One of the line says the following
At the core of the patent is the automation and intelligence built into the process of handling and transporting rich media files. The patent covers all automatic resizing and formatting of digital images, as well as the generation of a thumbnail image to allow a user to verify the file to be submitted.

It's a crazy world we live in, i think im going to file a request for a patent on filing patents  ;D

The article can be read here: http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3509776

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: U.S. Patent No. 6,895,557 entitled Web-based Media Submission Tool
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 10:54:44 pm »

the US patent authorities are notorious for giving trivial patents to powerfull companies. It's strange that a country that has such a long and reputable history of a jurisdictional system allows such strange patents. But I guess most of us here are not lawyers, this must be alien to us... ;)

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: U.S. Patent No. 6,895,557 entitled Web-based Media Submission Tool
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 12:01:23 am »

It's a strange patent, that's for sure.  I haven't reviewed the actual patent, so I don't know exactly what is and isn't covered.  Once I read it I'll post my opinions.

Off the cuff: I'd love the federal government to come looking for me if I write a small script that uploads images to my website, and I use GD to manipulate it.  ;D
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.