Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GD vs. Imagemagick V6  (Read 3607 times)

the_todd

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • JoomBla!
GD vs. Imagemagick V6
« on: June 06, 2005, 11:17:35 pm »

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=4178.0  -Does this post still hold true with regards to Imagemagick V6? I am moving to a new server and have installed Imagemagick in case it is, but I am wondering in terms of resources NOW which is a better one to use.I am mainly concerned about server resources, especially when dealing with LARGE 8 megapixel files, but quality does come second (i'm sure they're both as sufficient though)  Also, I used the Cpanel RPM to install so what is the standard location for Imagemagick to be installed.
Thanks,
Todd

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: GD vs. Imagemagick V6
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 11:32:25 pm »

If you plan on resizing large pixel images, then you will have to use ImageMagick, as you would run into memory issues with PHP/GD2.  I have no raw data on server resources, but I would have to imagine that v6+ is more efficient than v5.  That's just a guess - you could always check out the ImageMagick forums and ask over there.  They are in a much better position to give you that kind of data.

/usr/local/bin/ and /usr/bin/ are common installation locations.  You'll have to ask your host for the specific location.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.