Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems adding files with same name in different directories  (Read 2556 times)

kriki

• Coppermine newbie

Hi there,

I am using Coppermine both as a standalone and also for PHPNuke (1.3.0-Nuke). I am having serious problems when trying to add directories with the same filename, e.g.

Directory01\Pic01, Pic02, Pic03, Pic05
Directory02\Pic01, Pic02, Pic03, Pic04, Pic05

THEN ONLY Pic04 will be added for Gallery02, since all of the others already have been added - BUT for Gallery01. (I don`t see the meaning of such a function).

This problem of course will commence with galleries following. In Gallery03 only the names will be allowed, which have not been added (or their NAME) anywhere before.

Does anyone know where this "feature" can be deactivated (there is no option within the admin menu - I heard that only "Dragonfly" (whatever that is) supports that option).

Where in the code could this restriction be found?
Almost all of my Galleries have the same Filenames like DSCF0001.jpg and following. I dont want to rename all of them to a unique name like MyBirthday2003Pic001.jpg in order to add them to the Coppermine Gallery.

Thank you in advance!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright, since posts ALSO concerning the original version will be moved to an area, where one cannot comment or discuss anymore, I have to edit my post, because I have found a way to do this:

Its easier than it looks, if you have very old versions of the original coppermine or ports and you upgrade those,... it is likely that one of the update scripts did not enter a field in your database called "samename" (should be then in the "Config" table). Name "samename" and Value "1". If you enter it manually (and have a languagefile for the admin, that also includes this point) then you will be able to set your gallery settings to allow multiple Files in the DB with the same name!

Thought I might share this! since quite a few people have this problem, even though they are using the orig script and no port.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 02:00:01 am by kriki »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Problems adding files with same name in different directories
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 11:38:06 pm »

there's no nuke support on this board, dragonfly can be found here: http://www.cpgnuke.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.326 seconds with 20 queries.