Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbs.db  (Read 3662 times)

RS232

• Coppermine novice
Thumbs.db
« on: June 01, 2005, 07:44:51 pm »

What about a filter when batch uploading?
e.g. I usually upload a full directory from Windows to Linux and with it of course the windows system file: Thumbs.db
What about exclude it from the list of the file to upload?
I know I have just to unset the flag next to the file when uploading, but I think nobody care about it even if it is present everywhere

just an idea
rs232
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 07:37:25 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Thumbs.db
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 10:47:13 pm »

not sure what you mean, can't replicate

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 10:49:28 pm »

Sounds like your FTP client is set to see and upload hidden files.  Turn it off and your problem will disappear.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 07:09:58 am »

even if files that have the extension "db" are uploaded, they should not be added to coppermine's database, as they're not in the allowed filetypes list (unless you deliberately added the extension, which would not be a clever thing to do). I can't see the point of this request.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 07:16:51 am »

It would be nice if the file doesn't display, at least, the way the userpics folder doesn't display. It's more of an aesthetic thing, I guess.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 07:37:03 am »

The reason why the userpics folder is not displayed: things will go wrong if you allow batch-add from there, and it is easy to do.
To do this properly (hide all filetypes that are not allowed), you would have to hide all files that don't have an extension allowed in coppermine, which would require some additional checks when the folder/file tree is being built up in searchnew.php. As the process is already time-critical if a user has a huge number of files in a folder, I'm not sure this should be done (added danger of time-outs). Removing files that have the extension "db" (hard-coded) is not an option, as there might be users who deliberatly want to add "db" to the allowed file types list.

Conclusion: this request is not top priority, but if some dev wants to add it to the code in the future, I wouldn't mind.

Flagging this thread as "valid", but I'm not moving it to the "approved" section. Any dev who wants to assign this to himself, please reply accordingly and then move to "approved"

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 08:22:34 am »

I see your points, GauGau. Maybe this is better off as a hack.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.