Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a question ... just for fun :-)  (Read 2743 times)

RS232

• Coppermine novice
a question ... just for fun :-)
« on: June 01, 2005, 07:10:14 pm »

Hi, I was wondering...
doing a batch import of pictures previously imported with FTP
and run a "top" from the linux command line I can see that coppermine calls 2 session at the time of
imagemagick (convert is the name of the process).
Would be possible to modify this the number of convert running at the same time?
If so, how?
Thanks in advance
rs232

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I approve.
Re: a question ... just for fun :-)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 04:31:15 am »

Try this thread. http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=9051.0

It's the converse of what your problem is, but the gist of it is that it doesn't look like you can change the number of concurrent processes of ImageMagick. If you have GD2 support on your system, I would recommend using that. I've compared both ImageMagick and GD2. I've noticed that GD2 on average creates better quality jpges and smaller files sizes than ImageMagick.

If you prefer to use ImageMagick, maybe there is another supporter on this board that know of a way to tweek the code to accomplish what you are trying to do.

Hope this helps,

--OmegaGOD
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.