Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Wrong' Url for Parked Domains  (Read 4752 times)

Thompst

• Coppermine newbie
'Wrong' Url for Parked Domains
« on: June 01, 2005, 04:48:23 pm »

Hi there, I am new to Coppermine but like what I see so far.

I have installed it very painlessly on my host and it works fine.

I have one small problem in that I have several 'parked' domain names on my main domain.

Sometimes when accessing CM I am taken me to the 'wrong' url.

i.e. www.mydomain.com is my main domain and www.mypark.com is a domain name parked at the same location.
Therefore www.mydomain.com/index.html and www.mypark.com/index.html are the same location/file.

When using the url www.mypark.com/cm133 to access CM the page displays correctly but the url automatically changes to www.mydomian.com/cm133/

But if I use the url www.mypark.com/cm133/ to access CM the page displays correctly and the url stays as www.mypark.com/cm133/

I imagine this is to do with not having the / at the end. I also realise that this is not a problem for me but for normal everyday users it may be and they may get confused.
I only require access to this CM via the www.mypark.com domain name.
Is there anyway I 'hard code' the base url into CM in someway.

Kind regards
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 06:57:39 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: 'Wrong' Url for Parked Domains
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 04:55:04 pm »

This isn't anything to do with Coppermine, it's just the way the parked domain is setup. The only place to specify your url is in the config page, for the ecard target setting. There may be some .htaccess trick that can fix it.

LWAA

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 01:30:50 pm »

I'm having the same problem - using www.newdomain.com and redirecting it to www.olddomain.com/subfolder/subfolder/here/ I can't use www.newdomain.com/coppermine as the target as all it does it open up the index.html page. I have to use www.olddomain.com/subfolder/subfolder/here/coppermine which is a pain.
<i>"I understand everything, except what you're telling me"</i>

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 11:44:44 pm »

then why do you post here? As suggested above: your issue is not coppermine-related, there's nothing we could do to help.

Thompst

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 02:31:47 pm »

I apologise for my stupidity then!

I did not think it was CM related I was simply asking if anyone else had come across the same issue and had managed to find a resolution, or if there was a way within CM of 'forcing' the url.
If this is not the case then so be it.

We are not all Guru's like yourself and I thought that a 'support' board would provide just that, regardless of whether the question you are asking is solvable or considered not related to the app in question.

It takes nothing to be civil.....

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 02:50:52 pm »

Nibbler suggested using htaccess to force the correct url.  Have you looked into how to write a htaccess to rewrite the url?  Plenty of information on htaccess and rewrite if you do a Google.  I don't use htaccess at all, except to do a full deny, so I don't have an example of what regex to use to accomplish what you want.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2005, 07:08:41 pm »

We are not all Guru's like yourself and I thought that a 'support' board would provide just that, regardless of whether the question you are asking is solvable or considered not related to the app in question.
This forum is dedicated to coppermine-related things, that's why the sub-board isn't named "general web issues support", but "CPG 1.3. Standalone Support". The name suggests what the board is meant to be used for. There's plenty of information on everything on the internet, and many pages can be found using search engines, that's what they have been built for. Just going to one particular board you happen to "know" and posting irrelevant things there just seems selfish to me. If you have a question in "real life" on gardening, would you go to your car dealer and ask him, hoping that he's a gardening enthusiast as well? Probably not.

Thompst

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 05:13:14 pm »

Look I did not intend to upset anyone.

If the answer to my original question was "It is not CM related" or "It is not possible to do this in CM" then as I said I accept that.

It was simply the tone of the "Then why do you post here?" response that I found insulting.

My question was not irrelevant to me although it may have been to you.
The fact that someone else has the same issue surely means that it was something that required a civil response?

It's all about people skills and respect really......
There are those who have them and those who don't.

I will explore the .htaccess option (thanks to Nibbler and kegobeer), but obviously in a different place.

LWAA

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 04:00:34 pm »

GauGau:
replies like that are unhelpful and just plain rude.
<i>"I understand everything, except what you're telling me"</i>
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.