Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine in ASP  (Read 6797 times)

Dirrty

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine in ASP
« on: May 31, 2005, 11:01:26 pm »

OK, so I really wanna use coppermine, but my webhost has a windows server with asp and Microsoft database and a wot add mysql and PHP. SO, I wanna know if there is a way to get coppermine asp. There is really no good ASP gallery :(

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Coppermine in ASP
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 11:07:11 pm »

You'd have to find yourself a coder fluent in ASP and PHP, and one who is willing to convert Coppermine into ASP and then add Microsoft SQL support.  If you simply can't live without a gallery, you will have to find a host that supports PHP.

Sorry.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Coppermine in ASP
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 09:39:02 am »

This is close to being impossible. It's funny that most PHP projects see requests like yours once in a while. When choosing a webhost that has ASP and MS-SQL only, there must have been a good reason for this. You should have been aware of the fact that 99% of all open source software for webservers is not written in ASP, but PHP or PERL. It's one of the main drawbacks of the asp concept: there is only very little free software around. The open source community just doesn't want to work on a proprietary M$ thing  ;).
My advice: don't even consider hiring a coder to convert coppermine to asp for you. Instead: search the usual asp resources for a gallery app and pay for it once you have found one that suits your needs.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.