Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine in ASP  (Read 6796 times)

Dirrty

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine in ASP
« on: May 31, 2005, 11:01:26 pm »

OK, so I really wanna use coppermine, but my webhost has a windows server with asp and Microsoft database and a wot add mysql and PHP. SO, I wanna know if there is a way to get coppermine asp. There is really no good ASP gallery :(

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Coppermine in ASP
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 11:07:11 pm »

You'd have to find yourself a coder fluent in ASP and PHP, and one who is willing to convert Coppermine into ASP and then add Microsoft SQL support.  If you simply can't live without a gallery, you will have to find a host that supports PHP.

Sorry.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Coppermine in ASP
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 09:39:02 am »

This is close to being impossible. It's funny that most PHP projects see requests like yours once in a while. When choosing a webhost that has ASP and MS-SQL only, there must have been a good reason for this. You should have been aware of the fact that 99% of all open source software for webservers is not written in ASP, but PHP or PERL. It's one of the main drawbacks of the asp concept: there is only very little free software around. The open source community just doesn't want to work on a proprietary M$ thing  ;).
My advice: don't even consider hiring a coder to convert coppermine to asp for you. Instead: search the usual asp resources for a gallery app and pay for it once you have found one that suits your needs.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.