Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few things here...  (Read 3036 times)

Font Color Red

• Coppermine novice
A few things here...
« on: May 27, 2005, 01:22:43 am »

I didn't know which forum to post this under, so here it goes... I've just upgraded from 1.0 RC 3 to 1.3.3

First - I have tried using the admin tools to update thumbs and resize photos, and it totally screwed everything up! I had to do a complete re-install, because none of the images would show up.

Second - In the version 1.0 I had users upload pics with the same file name and it messed things up, because the gallery didn't know which file to read, because they were the same file name. Has this been fixed in version 1.3?

Third - In the config area where it has image types, movie types, audio types, etc. The default is set to ALL, what are the options for changing this. If I only want images would I put NONE in the rest of the fields? If I only wanted to allow a few types, how would I list them? Like this? .jpg, .gif, .bmp

Thanks in advance...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 07:19:03 am by GauGau »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: A few things here...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 02:54:44 am »

First, one question per thread.  That make it much easier for others when searching for answers, and it's also our policy.

Without any knowledge of your previous setup I have no idea why simply resizing thumb_ and normal_ images wreaked havok.  This isn't normal behavior.  Did you follow the upgrade instructions?

If you don't want types, just leave the field blank.

Please read the documentation for a full explanation of new features and how things work.  Many changes were made between 1.0 and 1.3.3.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Font Color Red

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 03:12:51 am »

Sorry about the multiple questions in one thread, it won't happen again.

I followed the instructions for the upgrade, the upgrade went fine. Then I was going to resize images, because I wanted them bigger than 400, so I changed it to 600 and went to the admin tools as suggested in the config area. Then I did the resize thumbs and photos, and then my images wouldn't show up.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 12:14:19 pm »

Please post a link, and stop posting in all-red font color, like I told you on the other thread.

Font Color Red

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 06:57:16 am »

I have quit posting in "red". That post was before you told me. This was my first thread in the forums, the other was my second thread.

It's too late to give you a link, because I completely deleted the gallery the same day and started over with a new upgrade.

I was asking the question for an answer, in case this happens to me again. Or, if maybe I did something wrong when I did the resize.

Thanks...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.