Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free remotely hosted coppermine?  (Read 6928 times)

Jade_01

• Coppermine newbie
    • Horror Asylum
Free remotely hosted coppermine?
« on: May 24, 2005, 02:32:48 am »

Is there a place where I can get free, remotely hosted coppermine? I tried to install it but I am not good with computer and I can't afford to pay for it so does anyone know of a site that I can get this or a program like coppermine?
Jade

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Free remotely hosted coppermine?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 02:37:10 am »

You could always try reading the posts in this board that deal with free webhosting that meet minimum requirements.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Jade_01

• Coppermine newbie
    • Horror Asylum
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 05:37:35 am »

I also don't know how to install it myself.
Jade

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 09:43:41 am »

Then read the docs that come with it. If you're too lazy to do so or too unexperienced to do what they tell you to do, then either hire someone to install it for you or simply live on without having a gallery. There's little point in this discussion. Are you waiting for a reply to your posting that says "No problem, I'll install it for you"? Hm, I don't think that this will happen.

Jade_01

• Coppermine newbie
    • Horror Asylum
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 12:07:56 am »

Then read the docs that come with it. If you're too lazy to do so or too unexperienced to do what they tell you to do, then either hire someone to install it for you or simply live on without having a gallery. There's little point in this discussion. Are you waiting for a reply to your posting that says "No problem, I'll install it for you"? Hm, I don't think that this will happen.
You know, you are a real asshole. I don't care if you are the owner of this forum, I just wanted to know if there was a remotely hosted coppermine somewhere. If you did not make the requirements so difficult I could install it myself but you know what? My computer is fucked up and I can't download anything and the only way for my to get to the internet is through firefox because my computer is broken and almost nothing works on it so I don't know why you have to be such an asshole. You are trying to sell a product you shouldn't be such an asshole.
Jade

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 02:30:20 am »

Hold on... calm down.  Did you read the posts about free webhosting and see if any of them supply Coppermine?  Have you done a Google search for webhosting and Coppermine?  We don't supply hosting or really make any type of recommendataions, that's why I asked you to check out the posts about hosting that others have written.

The installation instructions aren't that hard, but you have to have some knowledge of how to upload files, create a MySQL database, and administer a website.  If you can't do that, then there are plenty of people who will gladly do that for you, for a price.  The freelancers/paid help board is full of requests for those types of services.  There are also thousands of websites that go thru the steps of maintaining a website, but you only gain that knowledge thru experience.  We can't hold everyone's hands and explain how to properly administer a website, or run and administer a webserver.  We just don't have that much time on our hands.

We aren't selling anything - this is open-source, and all the developers and supporters do this because they want to.  We don't receive one penny for working on this project.

BTW - Firefox is a much better browser than anything Microsoft puts out.  Once you fix your computer (also plenty of people who would gladly assist you, for a price) I recommend sticking with FF.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

Jade_01

• Coppermine newbie
    • Horror Asylum
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 04:46:13 am »

It's not like I was being hateful just to be, anyway, I do have a gallery now. I'm just wondering something, how do I get the last picture the person uploads to be their display picture? Sorry if I was rude, I just didn't like the way he spoke to me, I wasn't lazy and I did search.
Jade

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 05:12:57 am »

We have a one question per thread policy.  Next time please search for your question and make a new post if necessary.  Click the button called Properties next to the album name.

There is a lot of info in the documentation.  If you don't have it, you can click the documentation link at the top of this page.

Jade_01

• Coppermine newbie
    • Horror Asylum
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 06:00:54 am »

Actually I meant for the pictures to display when the users posted comments.
Jade

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2005, 07:07:30 am »

you've been told that there's a "one question per thread" policy on this board - respect it. Fix your pc first, then fix your language (deactivate the swearing module when posting to public forums). After that, post a new thread. Locking this one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.