Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When I click on a Category link..  (Read 3961 times)

erok

• Coppermine newbie
When I click on a Category link..
« on: May 23, 2005, 12:38:42 pm »

When I click on a category link off my main page, it currently takes you to a new page that only showes the following:

1) Latest Additions
2) Most Viewed

Any idea how to make it so when someone clicks on a Category (ie "Photography") from the front page, for it to also list out the current albums in that category (and not just the 2 previously stated things)?

It would seem natural that if a user wanted to see the a category of "Photography" and clicks on it - he be taken to my album listings of "urban", "macro", shots etc.

Thanks for any help! I already did some searching through the forum and FAQ for "category links" and "click category" what not..but have found nothing  :\'(
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 06:53:15 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: When I click on a Category link..
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 07:23:34 am »

post a link to your site and what you have set up in your coppermine config for "content of the main page".

Joachim

P.S. I edited your other posting about the same thing to avoid that other supporters do double-work.

erok

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 12:06:45 pm »

well my web host has been down for the past week or so now, I am just doing this locally and testing / editing it..

I will try and describe better (but don't worry, I don't want you to waste too much time on me!) what I mean: (if you could tell me generally what to do, what file names to edit, etc. hopefully I can figure it out..)  :-\\

Basicaly on the main page there is the "Category" box which holds my category called "Photography" (this is a clickable link right under the word category). In "Photography" I have  6 albums (which it says 6 to the right), but since I do not want to list the thumbnails on the main page - there is no way for the user to actually see these 6 albums that I have (the 6 albums are different types of photos, b&w, urban, macro, etc.). Even when the user were to click on the "Photography" category link, it just takes the user to a page that has only 2 sections (aside from the top headder): "Last Additions" and "Most Viewed". There is no way for the user to click the albums unless I display thumbnails in the config settings (which I don't want to do)..  ???  >:(

I hope you can understand what I mean..and help point me to a solution. Maybe I am not using the albums / categories correctly. I just want to have on my main page 3 Main Categories (all of it as text links, Photography, Digital Art and Videos) and within each one of those - the various different text links to albums or genres of each (so basicaly just 2 levels - they can all be on the main page if possible, kind of like a tree that I have here)..IE:

(text link)        (text link)  (thumbnails/gallery)
                    (categories)     (albums)
Main Page  >   Photography > B&W >   takes you to BW album
                                          Urban >   takes you to Urban album
                                          Macro >   takes you to Macro Album
                     Digital Art     > Fractal>   tkaes you to fractals
                                          3D           etc
                     Video          > Romance  etc
                                          Comedy    etc

Many Many Many thanks for your help + time!!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 12:21:21 pm by erok »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 10:34:07 pm »

post [...] what you have set up in your coppermine config for "content of the main page".
Do what I told you to do

erok

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 11:01:35 pm »

actually I did that already..I looked through that FAQ area.

basicaly I just found out what I was looking for in the new version 1.3.3 that has just been added but I don't want to go and update the entire site / files as I have customized quite a bit..

note in the new version (i'm quoting from the release notes) "Tarique Added option to show first level albums of a category instead of just statistics of the category" - this is what I want to do on the front page.......

Any idea where that newly updated code for the new version is? So I may just add it into the file that it belongs instead of updating the whole site>?

Thanks!!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 11:15:57 pm »

For the 3rd time: post what you have in coppermine config for "content of the main page" or go unsupported by me: I'll be out of this thread unless you do exactly (and only that) what I told you.

erok

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 01:11:36 am »

lol..thanks i'll figure it out on my own  ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.