Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User permissions. Can I allow a user to....  (Read 3201 times)

londonhogfan

• Coppermine novice
    • The Razorback Legacy
User permissions. Can I allow a user to....
« on: May 20, 2005, 07:22:05 pm »

My Photo Album does not allow new users to register so I have to register them myself.  As of now I only have one user besides myself (admin) I don't allow user albums, but I want to allow my one user to add photos to the main gallery(s).  Is there a way I can allow him to upload (not Batch) and give title, keywords, descriptions to the albums and photos without giving permission to delete files.

I have almost 1900 pictures and he has many more he could add, but I don't want to worry about him someday deleting all the photos I have.  I trust him, but you can never be too safe.

Thank You.

LondonHogFan

PS I tried to post in the MOD forum, but it wouldn't let me.
(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.razorbacklegacy.com%2Fhog_archive%2Fpic.jpg&hash=3d1b2bbde092be74414169a519ae11559f8adf22)

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: User permissions. Can I allow a user to....
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 12:23:58 am »

My Photo Album does not allow new users to register so I have to register them myself.

You can allow people to register - it's just a setting in your config options.

As of now I only have one user besides myself (admin) I don't allow user albums, but I want to allow my one user to add photos to the main gallery(s).  Is there a way I can allow him to upload (not Batch) and give title, keywords, descriptions to the albums and photos without giving permission to delete files.

Look at the groups page.  He can't create/edit albums, just pictures.  To allow uploads into public albums, you must edit each album and give permission for uploads.

All of this is covered in the documentation.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.