Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How about a Powertools installer version of Coppermine? :)  (Read 3294 times)

deffy2k

• Coppermine newbie

Hello,

Powertools is a "one click" script installer for webhosting control panel Ensim.

They have recently opened an API for there script installer which means developers can release versions of their scripts which will plug right into the script installer (powertools).

http://forum.ensim.com/showthread.php?p=59537

I run a webhost, and am urging script developers to start releasing Powertools installer versions of scripts.

For example, through my company alone, adding Coppermine to powertools would give coppermine install options to over 8000 websites...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 02:47:21 am by kegobeer »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: How about a Powertools installer version of Coppermine? :)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 02:46:51 am »

Feel free to develop such an installer.  We have our hands full developing Coppermine.  Time spent on this means time pulled away from what we need to be working on.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How about a Powertools installer version of Coppermine? :)
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 07:04:19 am »

I agree with kegobeer. Additionally, those auto-installers (like fantastico) tend to lag behind in the version they offer. It's hard to make users of auto-installers understand the need of updates (especially those that are security related). We also discovered that coppermine installs made by auto-installers like fantastico tend to differ slighty from the original versions (the creators of fantastico probably had to modify coppermine slightly to make it work with the auto-installer), which caused problems in the past. I'd say that those who can't install coppermine on their own (without an auto-installer) just are not ready to use the script, you need to have some basic understanding how ebservers work to maintain coppermine, it's little use that people get an auto-installed copy of coppermine and then they can't maintain/run the gallery on their own. Of course there are some who have the knowledge to run coppermine, but are just too lazy to do the install for themselves, but imo coppermine is so easy to set up, there's no real benefit for auto-installs.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.