Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Features for CPG1.3.0  (Read 29275 times)

MaThIbUs

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I rock.
    • http://mathibus.com/
Features for CPG1.3.0
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2004, 09:29:27 pm »

You can however use the TITLE attribute...

But please do not post feature requests here!
Quote from: "gaugau"
Please note: this thread does not deal with feature requests! Do not reply to this thread by asking "could you also include this and that feature" - please post such things on the "feature requests" board!

TheNakedMan

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.runaked.com
Features for CPG1.3.0
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2004, 04:51:04 am »

No word yet for the beta yall wanted to let out a week ago?  Just want to see how the bugs are coming alone :)
Are you naked?  More importantly, do you want to be?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Features for CPG1.3.0
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2004, 06:47:09 am »

You have to read my posting more carefully: we promised a non-public beta, and that's the idea of having non-public beta: "regular" visitors don't get to download it... :wink:

It has been released on 2004-03-05 to the testers. This group contains the contributors, translators and regular visitors of coppermine who do support as well.
There's a board where this group can post bugs and discuss features (which only this group can access).

The reason why we only release it to the testers is the fact that it still contains bugs, and we don't want people to use it on their "productive" sites (and we don't want to get flooded with support requests). Apart from that, that documentation and faq for the new release aren't done yet, there's no language support except english etc.

We'll keep all "regular" visitors informed on the project over the public area of this site (once there is something to actually anounce).

GauGau

Andreu

• Coppermine newbie
Depure Code
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2004, 08:53:47 pm »

What I would find really interesting is if the code could be refined so that it would be lighter and go quicker, and most importantly : that it woun't use as many resources from the sistem as it does now.

Maybe as personal gallery it serves well, but when the visitors increment the sistem notices...

I just wanted to contribute this sugestion.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Features for CPG1.3.0
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2004, 11:15:52 am »

just switch off the features that will cost system resources (like thumbnails on the first page) and you won't experience problems. Coppermine comes with lots of options that can be disabled, making it run faster...

GauGau

Karri

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • The Fuselage
Features for CPG1.3.0
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2004, 05:38:43 pm »

It has been released on 2004-03-05 to the testers. This group contains the contributors, translators and regular visitors of coppermine who do support as well.
There's a board where this group can post bugs and discuss features (which only this group can access).

How do you get into one of those groups?  I think I am a marked as a contributor (well one small mod anyway) but I don't appear to have access to the beta.

Thanks for all of the hard work.
Thanks,
Karri

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Features for CPG1.3.0
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2004, 07:05:15 am »

Sorry, some of the contributors somehow didn't make it into the testers group - I've added you and sent you the download link along in a pm.

GauGau

Karri

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • The Fuselage
Features for CPG1.3.0
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2004, 04:50:32 pm »

Sorry, some of the contributors somehow didn't make it into the testers group - I've added you and sent you the download link along in a pm.

GauGau

Thank you!!!!  I can't wait to try it out. :)
Thanks,
Karri

s_herzog

• Coppermine newbie
Features for CPG1.3.0
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2004, 08:33:18 am »

GauGau

Sorry, it seems I did not get the point correctly: Coppermine is OpenSource, and is hosted on Sourceforge.net.

Should CVS checkout not be available to ANYONE?

Imagine someone wanting to fork a own version, who is not friend of one of the site admins here - he wouldn't get CVS code??

Weird policy, I'd say.

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
Features for CPG1.3.0
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2004, 09:12:40 am »

Well, yes, non-existant policies usually are weird.

CVS access is always available through anonymous checkout.  However, not everyone wants to install CVS software and do a checkout.  Thus, when the first round of testing is done, a target version of CPG is packaged and privately released to the testers. They have special access to the testing board, and most issues are then worked out.  A general release is not made available because the Dev Team doesn't want unofficial versions floating out there with non-coders making support requests to fix the bugs. While developers enjoy nightly tarballs, most Coppermine users would have no use for them. The limited release also keeps feedback volume down and specifically targeted, which allows for more efficient testing.  

Once the Dev Team feels confident enough, a general release candidate is packaged and publically made available for more widespread testing.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)

s_herzog

• Coppermine newbie
Features for CPG1.3.0
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2004, 09:22:06 am »

Quote from: "hyperion"
Well, yes, non-existant policies usually are weird.

CVS access is always available through anonymous checkout.  However, not everyone wants to install CVS software and do a checkout.  Thus, when the first round of testing is done, a target version of CPG is packaged and privately released to the testers. They have special access to the testing board, and most issues are then worked out.  A general release is not made available because the Dev Team doesn't want unofficial versions floating out there with non-coders making support requests to fix the bugs. While developers enjoy nightly tarballs, most Coppermine users would have no use for them. The limited release also keeps feedback volume down and specifically targeted, which allows for more efficient testing.  

Once the Dev Team feels confident enough, a general release candidate is packaged and publically made available for more widespread testing.

Thanks for the enlightenment ( I must admint I did not check to see if anonymous CVS access works  :roll: )!

I was only somehow "confused" seeing here "Testers" and "Normal Users", a fact I would have not expected in an OpenSource development process, and calling a package "non-public beta" is really nice.

If you say "we release today the non-public beta", I can simply checkout the CVS and have it too.  :wink:

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Features for CPG1.3.0
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2004, 09:52:13 am »

sure, but who tells you I didn't modify the files before packaging up and sending it out to the testers? :wink: Just kidding, I didn't (in fact, I just removed the cvs bits)...
Honestly: you can checkout at any time, and you're free to use any (unstable) beta checkout, develop, fork, use it. That's why we decided to use SF.net as development platform in the first place.
As Hyperion said: we just wanted to reduce the number of support requests from newbies asking "why does this and that feature not work?", that's why we labelled it "non-public" (yeah, I know: security by obscurity, but it did the trick: we were even able to fool you; you didn't even try to check out anonymously :wink: ).

OK, let's keep this thread for announcements related to cpg1.3.0, there's already enough thread-drift...

GauGau

windhunter

• Coppermine newbie
Features for CPG1.3.0
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2004, 02:33:35 am »

I am not exactly sure how to do it. I tried to download CPG from CVS, but I don't know how to do it. I downloaded the CVS viewer program from SF, but now I'm stuck. I don't know python. Can someone just e-mail me dev. version of CPG 1.3? Or try to tell me how to build this CVS viewer.

tx

matej

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
Features for CPG1.3.0
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2004, 04:50:19 am »

if you are on windows - install TortoiseCVS
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

windhunter

• Coppermine newbie
Features for CPG1.3.0
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2004, 09:14:41 am »

I am on windows. I installed this app. Tx.

But I still dont know how to login with
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/coppermine login

(it doesnt let me to connect)

or

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/coppermine co modulename

(i do not know which modulename to use - is this maybe the name of file requested?)

PS: I know that the password should be nothing (just press enter)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Features for CPG1.3.0
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2004, 09:31:29 am »

the modulename is "devel" (without the quotes).

GauGau

QuentinJS

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Features for CPG1.3.0
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2004, 06:26:14 am »

I think the question above was really the sound of disapointment, more likely he was whishing for a "no you missed it.. its really in this release"  type reply. 

:-)

Cheers,
Quentin
Keep Hackin,
-=Q=-

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2004, 06:32:52 am »

OK, if you need an easier way, get the cpg1.3.0beta from the downloads section and use webc cvs to update all relevant files.
CVS can be a bitch - took me a while to figure out as well... :-X

GauGau

Fly Fort

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • http://www.militaryaircraftcollection.info
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2004, 08:53:11 pm »

Sorry guys,

But any realeasdate for the normal 1.3 version yet???

I'm still waiting for the new version, because my dbase is not very interesting anymore with all those type of aircrafts together from over 30 countries  :-\\

Thanks a lot

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2004, 09:21:00 pm »

If all goes well, the end of this week. Fingers crossed
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.