Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: No file was uploaded.  (Read 21242 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: No file was uploaded.
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2005, 11:32:02 am »

If you can only upload small files, but not larger ones, your webhost has made some server-sided settings (that you can not override when webhosted and not having full admin privileges on the webserver). The settings that apply differ (there are several which have to be taken into account). Please read the sticky threads (yes, all of them) on this sub-board to find out more about server settings and what to do about it. In the end, you will have to contact your webhost for support or look for another webhost; this isn't something you could address simply by modifying coppermine settings. Imo it's unnecessary to upload such large files in the first place, all the files I have on my personal page have less then 100 kB. Pics with 1 MB or similar are just a waste of space, time and resources imo. I suggest you resize the pics on your client before uploading them.

Joachim

eureka345

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2005, 04:37:59 pm »

Alrighty.. thanks for your response.  Yes, I've read the stickies (all of them!).  According to my webhost, there is an upload limit of 8MB... of which my photos are definitely under.  As for suggesting I resize all my images before uploading - that defeats the purpose of me using coppermine, which was to share full size images amoung friends so we can each print each other's images.  I have 75GB of disk space on my host... so I wasn't worried about wasting resources.  In any case, it looks like I give up.  Something that I thought would save a lot of my time has turned out to be a waste of time... ah well... gotta love technology.  Thanks for your help.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2005, 07:25:30 am »

There are other settings that have to be taken into account: when uploading a larger image, coppermine has to resize the image (using the image library you specified, usually GD). This process temporarily eats up a lot of memory, which could be to much for your webserver's config. There's little we can do, as the resizing simply needs some overhead memory. You could ask your webhost politely to change those settings for you, or look for a webhost who grants you more memory (mind you, this is not webspace, but RAM).

Joachim

andyb

• Coppermine newbie
  • OpenBSD 3.6
    • Pyroandy.com
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2005, 02:34:35 am »

Im having the same problem as this guy was. I cant get anything to upload though. php.ini is good (its on and the max limit is high). I have chmoded and i know its good because i host it and i did it right into the console but JUST SO YOU KNOW:
drwxrwxrwx 4 andy   www    512  Mar 26 14:38 albums
drwxrwxrwx 4 andy   www    512  Mar 26 14:42 include

I got nothin'. HELP ME PLEASE :-P

Edit:
oh yeah in case you missed it when the other guy said it or something:
 File: /htdocs/gallery2/db_input.php - Line: 221

I followed the steps in that thread that outlines all of the possible configuration things that could be wrong, too. I changed the LimitRequestBody thing like suggested and it still doesnt work.

Ive tried everything. This is sickening :(
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 03:43:14 am by andyb »
Andy

andyb

• Coppermine newbie
  • OpenBSD 3.6
    • Pyroandy.com
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2005, 06:29:41 am »

Is nobody seeing this? Should i post a new thread? do you ust not kn ow what to do? lol so many questions...
If nobody replys to this im going to make a new thread please answer!
Andy

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Re: No file was uploaded.
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2005, 06:43:23 am »

It's only been 4 hours since your post.
http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php#lamesupport

It's also a Saturday.

andyb

• Coppermine newbie
  • OpenBSD 3.6
    • Pyroandy.com
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2005, 07:33:33 am »

I was just making sure it was seen. I didnt want to wait forever if nobody was going to see it so i figured id ask.
Andy

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Re: No file was uploaded.
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2005, 07:49:57 am »

There's a link you could check that shows new posts: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?action=unread

That's how new posts show up. That's how supporters know about them. We don't comb through the forums. A little inefficient.

LMalnati

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2005, 05:48:08 am »

Disregard the below.  I missed page 2 of this post.  Gau Gau gave the answer I am looking for in that I will need to contact Yahoo.  I typically would not need to load a 1meg file, but I do wish to find out the max Yahoo allows.

I also have Yahoo.  When I created a tmp folder I was able to load small files.  But with larger files I get the following message: "2 uploads were successful.Please click 'Continue' to add the files to albums."  However, when I click on Continue I get a blank screen.  My upload size config is 5,000 (as an admin) and both pictures were under this size.

When I try 1 picture at 1 meg I get the blank screen as described above.  If I shrink it to 58 kb it loads fine.  On my web hosting file upload manager as long as the total upload does not exceed 5 mb they have no issues.

Any thoughts.

:-[
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 05:55:40 am by LMalnati »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.