Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch add files  (Read 4648 times)

hhunkeler

• Coppermine newbie
Batch add files
« on: May 15, 2005, 03:36:41 pm »

Dear Support
unfortunalty I read the doc. and I believ I understood it but I still can find the Link in Admin mode "Batch add Files". I uploaded the pictures in albums, changed them to 666 and no special signs... , I am in the admin mode. Thank you very much for all the hints/support.
Best regards
hh

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: Batch add files
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 09:59:39 am »

There are but a few steps to follow to load pictures into a album.
Setting them all to 666 is not of them.

1- make a new folder under Albums when in FTP
2- upload the pics into the newly made folder.
3- chmod that folder to 777 (and not 666)
4- Login to your coppermine with the admin account
5- if you setup your coppermine correctly you should see a button called Batch add files.
6- First make a category is nescesary, otherwise make a new album into which you want the pictures to be inserted.
7- Click on that Batch add files button. You will be presented with a screen where you see the newly made folder which you have filled with pictues through FTP.
8- Click on the folder name. Coppermine will now search the folder and make the thumbnails.
9- Select a album and then click on the Insert button at the bottom.
10- coppermine will begin inserting the pictures into the album.

That is basicly what normally should work. If this does not work for you i suggest posting a screenshot of when you are logged in as an admin.

Hein

ThePaladin

• Coppermine newbie
    • The World of Paladin
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 12:21:14 am »

I have followed all of those instructions above and can honestly say that something must be lost in the translation. I have multiple catergories and they have albums. On the server there are files in the albums but Coppermine just shows then albums as being empty. Yes I have chmod'ed the albums through FTP to 777 and still the problem exists. I congratulate you on the concept and design of this but the instructions simply don't work!
It's good, it's really, really good!

havoc615

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • Cheat Commandos Clan Site
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 02:48:25 am »

You cant just put them in the admin folder ??? You have to use the batch add files in admin options, otherwise it wont be integrated into the db

ThePaladin

• Coppermine newbie
    • The World of Paladin
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 04:58:40 pm »

You cant just put them in the admin folder ??? You have to use the batch add files in admin options, otherwise it wont be integrated into the db

Who mentioned admin folder? I realised my mistake was a little confusion over Albums and Catergories...it's working a treat now  :) Are there any plans to integrate this into phpBB2 - only kidding  :P
It's good, it's really, really good!

havoc615

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • Cheat Commandos Clan Site
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 05:20:23 pm »

Wow I busta be tired, Album folder :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.