Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Members cant upload  (Read 5214 times)

Sluff

• Coppermine newbie
Members cant upload
« on: May 24, 2005, 12:04:44 pm »

Hey there,i have a slight problem with my gallery. The problem is that registered members cant upload pics,nor can the admin in user mode,only when i am in the admin mode is the only time i can upload,i have checked the settings of the usergroups many of times and still cant seem to figure it out i get this error "Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload files " but all the permissions are set.But anyways here is the link to my album,its for a gfx site

Click here

any help would be greatly appreciated i searched for quite awhile and couldnt find a topic on this.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 02:42:47 am by kegobeer »

Nibbler

Re: Members cant upload
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 12:18:00 pm »

It's either album properties or the groups page. Post screeenshots if you are unsure of the settings.

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 01:27:30 pm »

Did registered members created any albums? They first need to create an album then only they can upload files.

Albums created by admin are different and not accessible to registered members (unless permissions are set). Hence for registered member to upload a file, they first need to create their own album. They can do so by clicking "Create/Modify albums" button and then try to upload a file.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

Sluff

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 11:11:35 pm »

alright here is a screenshot of my group permissions

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg182.echo.cx%2Fimg182%2F9720%2Funtitled7zb.th.jpg&hash=a95fd3687b3c601f13a6f6bf9f22d3074ad7458b)

and what album permissions are you talkin about? i couldnt find any permissions on the album,but anyways yeah the albums were created in admin mode,so people cant upload to it?then how would i go about adding albums that people can upload to,because imma turn the option off so they cant make their own.

Thanks

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 01:01:53 am »

Your members can be in user mode or admin mode, just like you.  When in admin mode, there are three buttons they see: Create/order my albums, Modify my albums, and Profile.  Before they can upload pictures, they have to create an album.  Click Creat/order my albums, click New, rename the new album, Apply modifications.  That's the basic run down of the process.

Next to the album there's a button called Properties.  All album properties are set in there, including the permissions.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Sluff

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 01:50:27 am »

So basically i create the catagories and they create the albums?

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 01:59:27 am »

They can only create albums inside of the user galleries category, nowhere else.  If you create categories, you also have to create the public albums inside those categories and grant your members the ability to upload into them.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

Sluff

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 02:01:25 am »

yeah see thats my problem,thats what i did i granted them permission but it still wouldnt let them upload,and i created a test album on a registered level,any way to delete them lol

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 02:31:03 am »

I can't view your group pic; verify you set the Registered group Can upload files to Yes, and on the album you set Visitors can upload files to Yes.

Use the album manager to delete albums.

Sluff

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 02:39:37 am »

Alright awesome thanks man i got it,all the modifying of my php codes and i went stupid lol thanks for the help guys
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.