Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Renaming filenames???  (Read 4038 times)

luiceg

• Coppermine newbie
Renaming filenames???
« on: May 05, 2005, 07:06:23 pm »

Hello everyone. I have a little trouble with my gallery. The fact is that I have the album folder in a different server (because the server where I have the gallery doesn't give me much space), and now I want to move the images to another different server with more webspace. The problem is that this server doesn't support filenames like 01~0.jpg and 50% of my pictures have the character '~' because I always upload many albums the same day and always with filenames like 01.....99.jpg. The question is: ¿can I somehow change the filenames of the images and then move the albums folder to the new server with appropiate filenames? Thank you.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Renaming filenames???
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 08:38:28 am »

no, remote storing (on another server) of pics is not supported.

luiceg

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 09:57:45 pm »

Oh, I think that remote storing is supported, just setting the URL where you have the albums in the "Config" page, a field named "album path" or something like that. The question is... can I rename the files on the albums???? Thanks.

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 04:20:19 am »

Lol, did you happen to notice the number of posts under GauGau's name?

Code: [Select]

Perhaps that means he knows what he's talking about.

Oh, I think that remote storing is supported, just setting the URL where you have the albums in the "Config" page, a field named "album path" or something like that.

No it won't work that way. It has to be a relative path on the same server.  Though I guess if you try to set it, you'll find out soon enough.  Somone may have done a mod that allows this, search the mod board.

If you want a chance to play around with filenames I'd say your best bet is to modify "function add_picture" in include/picmgmt.inc.php

luiceg

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 05:05:34 pm »

Sorry, but I must insist that it is possible to do remote storing. I actually have my gallery configured that way. Anyways, the file you told me doesn't exist on my gallery (i have 1.3 version).

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 06:47:11 pm »

It is in the in the package we released. Maybe you are running some other version.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 10:53:22 am »

Sorry, but I must insist that it is possible to do remote storing.
Wishfull thinking or actual configuration? If it works, then what is your question? If it doesn't work, then take our word on it: unless you're a coding genius, you won't be able to accomplish this.  ;D

luiceg

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 10:50:13 pm »

It's my actual configuration, I didn't know that it was so strange when I configured a URL instead a relative path on the same server for the album folder... anyways the question was how I rename files? But I'm afraid this isn't easy to do.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 10:18:50 am »

there's no easy option to rename. Rename the files on the server, then go through coppermine's db and change the filenames there as well. I still don't understand why ~ should exist in your file names. Just batch rename the files before uploading. As you're running a setup that definitely is not default coppermine, I can't recommend anything else, this is alien to me, like another piece of software. Therefor, I'm outta this thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.